Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3dMaxSpider Mats in 7 seater

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anybody know if the 3dMaxspider mats will work in the 7 seater? It seems the front ones would work but I don't know if the rear ones would because of the changes to the seat rails that allow for the 3rd row seating. Looking to buy some accessories so they are ready when we take delivery.

Mine are tight in the middle row. Since you can adjust the middle row in the 7 seater, I worry they only work with a single location of the seats, which is likely way too far forward.

Front and Frunk should be good. Middle row and trunk would need to be changed.

Mine are tight in the middle row. Since you can adjust the middle row in the 7 seater, I worry they only work with a single location of the seats, which is likely way too far forward.

Front and Frunk should be good. Middle row and trunk would need to be changed.
Can you snap some pictures so we can see what you mean? I wonder if any amount of trimming could help?

Thanks for the pics. I'm looking to get the Tesmanian mats for my MY 7 seater. It looks like the lip on the mat shouldn't get in the way of the rails for the sliding second row but it may be close.

Waiting on @ryanjeffords to confirm this before I place an order. Thanks for testing it out :)
ASK ME SATURDAY AFTERNOON :)

I'm picking up in the morning and I'll be too excited to remember to post back, so ping me via PM or something and I'll give results. It DOES look like the mats will be interchangeable from 5 seater to 7 seater for 2nd row. I have the tesmanian mats in my garage...just need the car!

ASK ME SATURDAY AFTERNOON :)

I'm picking up in the morning and I'll be too excited to remember to post back, so ping me via PM or something and I'll give results. It DOES look like the mats will be interchangeable from 5 seater to 7 seater for 2nd row. I have the tesmanian mats in my garage...just need the car!
Thanks for all your posting and sharing!

I think the mats will work for the front and second row. I dont the the Mat will work for the rear. I was having my current Tesla serviced yesterday in Superior Colorado and got to see the 7 seat Y. You could use one of current 5 seat mats in the rear cargo area if you dont plan to use the 3rd row often. If on the fly you needed to use those you probably couldnt fold up the rear mat enough to store in the back cargo area with the 3rd row up. I would imagine that these companies will be making a rear cargo compatible mat in the very near future. also would be interesting to see what, if anything they come up with for the 3rd row feet area.

Reactions: Jemblue7my
I think the mats will work for the front and second row. I dont the the Mat will work for the rear. I was having my current Tesla serviced yesterday in Superior Colorado and got to see the 7 seat Y. You could use one of current 5 seat mats in the rear cargo area if you dont plan to use the 3rd row often. If on the fly you needed to use those you probably couldnt fold up the rear mat enough to store in the back cargo area with the 3rd row up. I would imagine that these companies will be making a rear cargo compatible mat in the very near future. also would be interesting to see what, if anything they come up with for the 3rd row feet area.
I'm not holding my breath for a mat for the 3rd row foot area. At least nothing with a high lip. The foot space is already SO tight...adding anything else (even with a carpeted mat) would eat into crucial space.

I asked Tesmanian what their plans are...they said they'd know in about 4-6 weeks.

Semi-related question, but does anyone make a FULL-LENGTH mat that is a single piece that would cover trunk+3rd row+2nd row when all folded down?

My wife's a vet, and needs to transport animals at times in the back, and we would ideally like a single piece option to cover everything when utilizing maximum cargo space.

Custom is fine, if someone knows someone that does these kinds of mats special order.

Reactions: EchoDelta
Semi-related question, but does anyone make a FULL-LENGTH mat that is a single piece that would cover trunk+3rd row+2nd row when all folded down?

My wife's a vet, and needs to transport animals at times in the back, and we would ideally like a single piece option to cover everything when utilizing maximum cargo space.

Custom is fine, if someone knows someone that does these kinds of mats special order.
Tesmanian has something that might work

2020-2021 Tesla Model Y Second Row Seats Back Cover Mats

That won't work. Need to be able to slide a stretcher in/out of the back of the Y, without some little nubbins on the corners getting caught. So a single piece that covers everything is a must. I understand that to use the middle and back seats I would have to remove it, and that's just fine, as the bulk of the time the Y would be used as my wife's mobile Vet station.