Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3M Crystalline and that rear window

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone done just the ubtibted portion without having a visible line? I’m getting mine delivered next week and if I can avoid doing the entire back window I’d like to. Looking to do 20 in the rear, 40 up front, and 70 on the windshield. I swear I saw a thread somewhere that someone had success just doing the untinted portion. I feel like 20 on top of the factory tint is overkill and I should just put vinyl up there. Thanks in advance.

Has anyone done just the ubtibted portion without having a visible line? I’m getting mine delivered next week and if I can avoid doing the entire back window I’d like to. Looking to do 20 in the rear, 40 up front, and 70 on the windshield. I swear I saw a thread somewhere that someone had success just doing the untinted portion. I feel like 20 on top of the factory tint is overkill and I should just put vinyl up there. Thanks in advance.

Learn from my tinting mistake

I just did Wincos 45 on all windows and back in one piece, and wincos 70 on the sunroof. Honestly can’t tell too much difference between wincos 70 and 45 on the tinged portion. My car is black and my personal preference was back windows not too dark. I have a friend who just did the untinted portion and really happy with it. I think it would have been ok with that too, but it looks amazing as one piece. Unless tied to 20 in the rear, I’d suggest 40 all the way around including back in one piece.

I just did Wincos 45 on all windows and back in one piece, and wincos 70 on the sunroof. Honestly can’t tell too much difference between wincos 70 and 45 on the tinged portion. My car is black and my personal preference was back windows not too dark. I have a friend who just did the untinted portion and really happy with it. I think it would have been ok with that too, but it looks amazing as one piece. Unless tied to 20 in the rear, I’d suggest 40 all the way around including back in one piece.
Can you share pics and where you had it done (Monumental?)?
Thanks!

Thanks!

Will do tmrw—yep did it at monumental. $600 for windows and rear in 1 piece, $150 for sunroof (gave me $50 off for repeat customer as i had my front windows for my X tinted there, they only charged $100 for basic 3m tint). I really like them, I think prices are pretty reasonable for our area and they stand by their work. The person who did mine said he has probably done about 100-120 model 3s already so they’ve got it down.

Reactions: SD_Engnr
Thanks!

Yup! Apologies for lame blurring of background, wife requested privacy...

also picture from inside with windshield (untinted), sunroof (w/ wincos 70 over default tint), and passenger window (w/ wincos 45)

Attachments

• m3.jpg
    m3.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 124
  • window.jpg
    window.jpg
    473.9 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: SD_Engnr