Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3P+ Spoiler Appointment for this weekend!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MXWing

Oct 13, 2016
USA
Figure it would have taken till after Q4 before they have parts and capacity for this:

My only question is if there is really a concern to slap this on my trunk as the whole car is ceramic coated.

upload_2019-2-4_11-11-32.png

Figure it would have taken till after Q4 before they have parts and capacity for this:

My only question is if there is really a concern to slap this on my trunk as the whole car is ceramic coated.

View attachment 374478

@MXWing,

I’d just talk to your Detailer.... he should be able to give you good info. My guess is he’d need to ‘clean’/remove the ceramic where the spoiler will go then ‘re-ceramic’ the surrounding area so it adheres properly and securely.
I’d ask to confirm tho.
Let me know what you find out.

Ski

Reactions: MXWing
I'm curious as well. I was looking to get a ceramic coat and aftermarket spoiler but it seems like it might have a difficult time sticking during the first 4-6 months of the CC. I was told it should be fine after that time though.

I told my detailer to wait on ceramic coating my trunk until I got my spoiler. That was 4 months ago....lol, would've been easier to just have had it all ceramic coated to start with....

Wonder if anyone is electing to put the dual motor badge on at same time as spoiler.

There’s no point in hiding if your car is fast with the spoiler.

I personally go with OEM in this area. Don’t take badges off and don’t put them on.

But the DM badge is ugly, and they weren’t installed to begin with...

Wonder if anyone is electing to put the dual motor badge on at same time as spoiler.

There’s no point in hiding if your car is fast with the spoiler.

I personally go with OEM in this area. Don’t take badges off and don’t put them on.

But the DM badge is ugly, and they weren’t installed to begin with...

I wonder what the new Model S Performance badging will be... might be nicer?

Otherwise I agree, just keep it OEM. I'm excited for your install! Post pictures! :)

Dumb question. I never got a due bill from Costa Mesa, or much of anything, like the Mulroney sticker, stating that I would get the spoiler, or the dual motor badging (which I am not applying), but I am guessing that I will eventually get notified?

Or did you all have due bills that state it was never delivered?

Dumb question. I never got a due bill from Costa Mesa, or much of anything, like the Mulroney sticker, stating that I would get the spoiler, or the dual motor badging (which I am not applying), but I am guessing that I will eventually get notified?

Or did you all have due bills that state it was never delivered?

No due bill here...didn't think to request it at delivery. I think I read in another thread that Tesla reassured another buyer that it is in their file and they will get it. I completely trust that this is the case, so I'm not worrying about it.

• Helpful
Reactions: Camera-Cruiser
Apparently so....I believe that’s what was specified to someone from Tesla correspondence.

Ski

Not so sure about that, as I was a July 29 delivery and still don’t have mine. It seems regional; based on the posts in this thread, a batch of spoilers went to SoCal.

Fortunately NorCal seems to have finally gotten inventory too, as I got the email yesterday saying mine is ready to be installed. Monday 2/25 was the soonest appointment offered. Ranger is coming out to install it.

Not so sure about that, as I was a July 29 delivery and still don’t have mine. It seems regional; based on the posts in this thread, a batch of spoilers went to SoCal.

Fortunately NorCal seems to have finally gotten inventory too, as I got the email yesterday saying mine is ready to be installed. Monday 2/25 was the soonest appointment offered. Ranger is coming out to install it.
Ryan, please report back here when you get installed. Seems on the first set of installs the fitment has been inconsistent, with some folks reporting gaps between the body and spoiler in places. Thanks!

Reactions: ryanjm

Did you talk to Jeff at IR about if it was necessary to remove the ceramic coating to get good adhesion?