Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4 simple ideas for the Tesla S/3/X interface

I'd like to see these features in my Tesla vehicle(s) - select as many as you want:

• Nav swipe away a road to avoid

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Nav add a waypoint without cancelling your route

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • (max 1 of 3) Settings screens auto disappear in 30 seconds by default

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • (max 1 of 3) Settings screens auto disappear in 60 seconds by default

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • (max 1 of 3) Settings screens auto disappear as an option setting

• Your Linked Cell Phone is Missing notification when placed in Drive

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Common to ALL Tesla, some simple things I've been waiting for and I'm wondering if we'll see them before Pole Position ?? Ya, I know it's part of the fun :) But we got Avoid Tolls and Avoid Ferries after complaining a lot, so now it's seems past a reasonable amount of time for these features:

Nav: Swipe away a road you need to avoid for re-routing.

Nav: Add a waypoint
. Just one waypoint would be like getting Copy and Paste on your iPhone 1. Move it around if you want, while keeping the origin and final destination "locked in." More code than above but oh so nice a feature.

The thing about these is their absence is just a negative -- not having them available does not making things any easier, nor any more enjoyable. They are just missing and with some simple design should not make things any more complex.

Now for 2 new ideas:

Settings screens auto-disappear after xx seconds, either by setting or by default (30-60 seconds ?). Climate, settings, maybe even all pop-ups, but maybe not. Seems I leave up climate, or headlights, etc. all the time as I go back to driving.

Cell phone not with you alert: If your profile has a Bluetooth connection (maybe to the app specifically) and you are driving away without it, present a notification. This would have saved me a couple of times. Well, Model 3 drivers here probably aren't unlocking your door without the phone :cool: apparently they may be able to give some later S/X the same Bluetooth auto-unlock capabilities soon.

I'd also like to see user confirmation before processing in all areas of UI/UX (especially missing from browser). Flash or something and the user can trust you got the input and can get on with it.

Otherwise lol .. loving my Model S. Supercharger network growth rate is probably the biggest surprise in my 3+ years to-date. Amazing !