Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4 year maintenance plan timed out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is not honoring the 4th pre-paid maintenance for my 2015 Model S. The 4th year maintenance expired once the age of the contract went into the 5th year, they say. For me this is October, a few months ago.

I was under the impression the pre-paid plan was for 4 maintenance visits, with the maintenance schedule as listed for each subsequent visit. Had I known about this hard deadline I would have acted differently.

Anyone else experienced this?

I have the same for my Model S and Model X, and I take it when I reach the 12 month interval or if I reach the milage associated with each interval, and I normally make the appointment in the app well in advance of hiring either the year or the milage mark so there's no question.

I've had problems with my Infinity and BMW in the past just like you've indicated, so now I plan it well in advance.

Tesla is not honoring the 4th pre-paid maintenance for my 2015 Model S. The 4th year maintenance expired once the age of the contract went into the 5th year, they say. For me this is October, a few months ago.

I was under the impression the pre-paid plan was for 4 maintenance visits, with the maintenance schedule as listed for each subsequent visit. Had I known about this hard deadline I would have acted differently.

Maybe you shouldn't have assumed what was in a contract and read it instead?

Have you gotten this resolved? I am fighting the same issue. I was told it is expired with the 4 years warranty. Is that even reasonable? Four annual maintenance would that 5 years to complete since the day of purchase. It will always take more than 4 years to complete the 4 annual services after purchase date. It is not to mention that last year (2020) is a pandemic year. 2021 is still a pandemic year. Do they even open during pandemics? Am I not allowed to wait until it is safe to do the maintenance? I am very surprised at how Tesla handles this. Any story to share? The service center kicks the ball to the finance team now. Will wait and see.