Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

40mph headwind + 4 hitch mounted bikes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

LostWages

uv has cured me
Apr 10, 2019
Rand McNally
A few days ago, I drove my family from the front range of Colorado, across Wyoming and into Utah. We traveled the speed limit, sometimes +5. We had four bikes on a hitch rack, and 40 mph headwind.

For our 500 mile road trip we averaged 460wh/m. Hoping for a slight tailwind on the way home tomorrow.

Chargers across Wyoming were easily accessible, although some businesses were not allowing bathroom use during COVID 19.

We stopped every 100 miles to charge, and it was a breeze.

Superchargers were not busy, and we were fortunate not to block other stalls while charging.

I'll post final efficiency numbers when we get home. Headwind was a killer though. Thanks to the forum and ABRP for help with planning!

Attachments

• IMG_20200701_113902.jpg
    IMG_20200701_113902.jpg
    606.9 KB · Views: 105
  • PANO_20200702_103859.vr.jpg
    PANO_20200702_103859.vr.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 88
  • Informative
Reactions: Matsayz and byeLT4
A few days ago, I drove my family from the front range of Colorado, across Wyoming and into Utah. We traveled the speed limit, sometimes +5. We had four bikes on a hitch rack, and 40 mph headwind.

For our 500 mile road trip we averaged 460wh/m. Hoping for a slight tailwind on the way home tomorrow.

Chargers across Wyoming were easily accessible, although some businesses were not allowing bathroom use during COVID 19.

We stopped every 100 miles to charge, and it was a breeze.

Superchargers were not busy, and we were fortunate not to block other stalls while charging.

I'll post final efficiency numbers when we get home. Headwind was a killer though. Thanks to the forum and ABRP for help with planning!
Looks really nice!