Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I retrieve my car.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I recently had an issue covered under warranty where my Model 3 was not drivable and had to be towed to a service center from Montana to Salt Lake City. I have no way to get there. I live in Montana by myself, I don't know anyone, airplane tickets to SLC are $900, which I cannot afford. One way rental cars are $500, I cannot afford it. I am at a loss on what to do, hitchhike? Service refuses to tow it back.

Hello, I recently had an issue covered under warranty where my Model 3 was not drivable and had to be towed to a service center from Montana to Salt Lake City. I have no way to get there. I live in Montana by myself, I don't know anyone, airplane tickets to SLC are $900, which I cannot afford. One way rental cars are $500, I cannot afford it. I am at a loss on what to do, hitchhike? Service refuses to tow it back.
How far will Tesla tow it? The Flixbus takes two transfers from Bozeman to SLC (~10 hours and $185). Maybe Tesla could be talked into towing it to the Idaho bus transfer stop. Does your insurance have towing? You might want to check that out too. Flixbus: