Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

50K Miles And Loving It

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today, my 2016 Model X P90D crossed over 50000 miles.

I've been enjoying the vehicle so much, I almost did not notice. She's an early production X from the first quarter of 2016, and you would think my ownership experience would have been full of problems. But in fact, she has given me the most trouble free 50K miles I've ever driven with a vehicle. So far, she's taken me across the entire west, to places as remote as Lusk, Wyoming and Glacier National Park in Montana. She's seen Meteor Crater in Arizona and climbed up to Crater Lake in Oregon. She's seen sunshine, rain, hail, sleet, and snow. She crossed countless mountain passes and the California Central Valley countless times as well. She's been through tsunami zones, nuclear free zones, earthquake country, and back-country. She's driven over asphalt, concrete, gravel, rock, grass, dirt, and ice. She's raced horses, crept slowly past bears, been stared at by pronghorn, and shared the road with the odd cow. And, yet, she's never stranded me anywhere, and I've always been able to take her where I've wanted to go. And not once --- not a single time --- not even that day when I left downtown Portland and drove up to the Johnston Ridge Observatory overlooking Mount St Helens in Washington state --- distracted with two passengers and not knowing just how long and curvy that climb was going to be --- not once has she run out of charge.

I'm pretty excited about the next 50K miles.

Teton View.jpg

Elsa 50K.JPG

So today I'm stopped at a traffic light and the driver in the lane next to me signals for my attention. He's driving some monstrous pickup truck..... as soon as I lower the window, I'm assaulted with engine noise and then the smell I remember from two years ago...... exhaust. Yuck.

But the other driver has an important question: How do you like it?

I proceed to give a verbal and abbreviated version of the original posting in this thread.

The light turns green, I encourage Elsa's latest admirer to stop dallying and convert to EV, and then I accelerate smoothly away....

My currently very dirty Model X still turns heads. :):):)

Last edited:
Today, my 2016 Model X P90D crossed over 50000 miles.

I've been enjoying the vehicle so much, I almost did not notice. She's an early production X from the first quarter of 2016, and you would think my ownership experience would have been full of problems. But in fact, she has given me the most trouble free 50K miles I've ever driven with a vehicle. So far, she's taken me across the entire west, to places as remote as Lusk, Wyoming and Glacier National Park in Montana. She's seen Meteor Crater in Arizona and climbed up to Crater Lake in Oregon. She's seen sunshine, rain, hail, sleet, and snow. She crossed countless mountain passes and the California Central Valley countless times as well. She's been through tsunami zones, nuclear free zones, earthquake country, and back-country. She's driven over asphalt, concrete, gravel, rock, grass, dirt, and ice. She's raced horses, crept slowly past bears, been stared at by pronghorn, and shared the road with the odd cow. And, yet, she's never stranded me anywhere, and I've always been able to take her where I've wanted to go. And not once --- not a single time --- not even that day when I left downtown Portland and drove up to the Johnston Ridge Observatory overlooking Mount St Helens in Washington state --- distracted with two passengers and not knowing just how long and curvy that climb was going to be --- not once has she run out of charge.

I'm pretty excited about the next 50K miles.

View attachment 312632

View attachment 312633

Nice picture. Did you choose to buy the ESA for the next 50K miles?