TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

50K Miles And Loving It

Discussion in 'Model X' started by ecrsail, Jun 26, 2018.

1. ecrsail

ecrsail Member

Today, my 2016 Model X P90D crossed over 50000 miles.

I've been enjoying the vehicle so much, I almost did not notice. She's an early production X from the first quarter of 2016, and you would think my ownership experience would have been full of problems. But in fact, she has given me the most trouble free 50K miles I've ever driven with a vehicle. So far, she's taken me across the entire west, to places as remote as Lusk, Wyoming and Glacier National Park in Montana. She's seen Meteor Crater in Arizona and climbed up to Crater Lake in Oregon. She's seen sunshine, rain, hail, sleet, and snow. She crossed countless mountain passes and the California Central Valley countless times as well. She's been through tsunami zones, nuclear free zones, earthquake country, and back-country. She's driven over asphalt, concrete, gravel, rock, grass, dirt, and ice. She's raced horses, crept slowly past bears, been stared at by pronghorn, and shared the road with the odd cow. And, yet, she's never stranded me anywhere, and I've always been able to take her where I've wanted to go. And not once --- not a single time --- not even that day when I left downtown Portland and drove up to the Johnston Ridge Observatory overlooking Mount St Helens in Washington state --- distracted with two passengers and not knowing just how long and curvy that climb was going to be --- not once has she run out of charge.

I'm pretty excited about the next 50K miles.

Teton View.jpg

Elsa 50K.JPG

• Love x 12
    • Like x 10
  2. fanofanne

fanofanne Member

That was pretty awesome to read. Especially because I will be getting one in the next two days.

• Like x 2
  3. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Congrats ...any damage from the hail ?

4. ecrsail

ecrsail Member

Nope. She has a full wrap, so that may have helped. The Oregon hail was pea sized, but the Montana hail was a bit more substantial and scary.

• Informative x 1
  5. Sonic_78

Sonic_78 Member

Thanks for sharing. Hope my 50k is as good as yours!

• Like x 1
  6. jtdiddy

jtdiddy Member

awesome news, thx for sharing!

• Like x 1
  7. Peteski

Peteski Active Member

It's good to hear of someone really enjoying their X. Mine is only on 6K miles, but has been great so far. Best family car ever!

• Like x 2
  8. jtdiddy

jtdiddy Member

@cwerdna would probably disapprove of this post lol

• Funny x 3
    • Love x 2
  9. Jmuessig

Jmuessig Member

damn, look at that view!

• Like x 2
  10. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

Not that I cared on mine but how is alignment on your chrome trim? :D

11. Peteski

Peteski Active Member

I bet he doesn't even open positive sounding threads, lol

• Like x 1
  12. BeardedBro

BeardedBro Member

Hi @ecrsail - thanks for beautifully articulating your experience, I really enjoyed reading it! Here's to many more happy, trouble-free miles ahead - cheers! :)

• Like x 1
  13. MiningEng

MiningEng Member

Awesome! We get our X00D in a couple of weeks and crossing fingers that our experience is as amazing as yours! That view is amazing!

• Like x 1
  14. ecrsail

ecrsail Member

#14 ecrsail, Jun 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    So today I'm stopped at a traffic light and the driver in the lane next to me signals for my attention. He's driving some monstrous pickup truck..... as soon as I lower the window, I'm assaulted with engine noise and then the smell I remember from two years ago...... exhaust. Yuck.

But the other driver has an important question: How do you like it?

I proceed to give a verbal and abbreviated version of the original posting in this thread.

The light turns green, I encourage Elsa's latest admirer to stop dallying and convert to EV, and then I accelerate smoothly away....

My currently very dirty Model X still turns heads. :):):)

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  15. travwill

travwill Active Member

Nice. Still loving my 2016 also. Had to laugh today a bit as well as at a light someone asked me if it was a new 2018 or 2019 car on the road... still a great look and minus a number of small things the first few months, it has been a trouble free ownership since then also :)

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  16. Peteski

Peteski Active Member

I've been asked that question about this car more than any car I've ever owned. The curiosity factor is high with this one!

• Love x 1
  17. spectrum

spectrum Member

Wow! What kind of range do you get on that 00 kwh battery? Must charge in flash! :p

• Funny x 1
  18. MiningEng

MiningEng Member

LOL....oops. ;) That would be quick to charge....just not so quick to get anywhere. Unless I had a long extension cord. Hopefully it is a 100D ;)

19. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

Nice picture. Did you choose to buy the ESA for the next 50K miles?