Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

60 to 130 mph acceleration times for the new Performance Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the previous versions of the Model 3 Performance, acceleration dropped off significantly above 60 mph. If I remember right the 60-130 times were nearly identical for the LR and P3D. Has there been any improvement in high speed acceleration times with the newest generation?

The reason I ask is the 60-130 times for the P100D was around 13 seconds, while it’s dropped to just over 4 seconds with the Plaid. That’s quite an improvement. I know the Model 3 is a different car but maybe it has seen similar improvement?

Also, Wikipedia is claiming that the new P3Ds produced by the Shanghai factory have top speeds of 163 mph while those coming out of Fremont only reach 143 mph. I assume this is inaccurate reporting?

All that discussion is in one of 3 threads:

I am pretty sure that @mpgxsvcd has posted at least 1 track slip from his new M3P that he just took delivery of.

All that discussion is in one of 3 threads:

I am pretty sure that @mpgxsvcd has posted at least 1 track slip from his new M3P that he just took delivery of.

I am working on one single thread that will answer every performance question about the new car that I can answer. I have a ton of data to post on it. Just not enough time to edit it all together. I will have almost 1,000 miles on my car by the end of week 1.

I am working on one single thread that will answer every performance question about the new car that I can answer. I have a ton of data to post on it. Just not enough time to edit it all together. I will have almost 1,000 miles on my car by the end of week 1.

Send me a PM when you post it. I will probably sticky it.