Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've never said anything negative about Elon, never broke the 10 commandments, never abused my pets or family, and I've stayed out of trouble my entire life yet my order on 4/24 still has an EDD of 6/18-6/30 without a VIN.

It would seem my only fault is living in the SF Bay Area.

Where did I go wrong?
Welcome to the club, Elon hates us in the Bay. Ships all the cars to Socal instead.

For all the PPF people, I have a question. I’m not sure about the prices where you are but in Tampa FL, the cheapest PPF I could find is around 5500-9000 from clear to stealth to color change. With those prices which is more than 10% of the car what makes you decide to go with it? It’s also apparent that you’ll never get that money back when going to sell or trade in the car. With that added cost with the car, couldn’t you get a used plaid?

I was considering doing PPF myself but I wanted a complete color change until I got these outrageous prices and realized that PPF or not it really won’t add much to the cars value when selling it. I went and visited many PPF shops (because they all want to show you their work) and I only saw cars worth over 150k. I personally decided I’m gonna go with vinyl wrap which total cost will be 2400.

For all the PPF people, I have a question. I’m not sure about the prices where you are but in Tampa FL, the cheapest PPF I could find is around 5500-9000 from clear to stealth to color change. With those prices which is more than 10% of the car what makes you decide to go with it? It’s also apparent that you’ll never get that money back when going to sell or trade in the car. With that added cost with the car, couldn’t you get a used plaid?

I was considering doing PPF myself but I wanted a complete color change until I got these outrageous prices and realized that PPF or not it really won’t add much to the cars value when selling it. I went and visited many PPF shops (because they all want to show you their work) and I only saw cars worth over 150k. I personally decided I’m gonna go with vinyl wrap which total cost will be 2400.
I usually only do front PPF (bumper, hood, front fenders, etc.) which is typically $1200-$1500 for some self-healing film.

Reactions: Raptor911