Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

70D Model X Delivery Start

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is your estimate of when 70D deliveries will begin. Recent announcement was mid-year. I speculate June 1 is about when they will start. This speculation is based on Tesla's prior communications on 90D delivery were too conservative trying to motivate people to upgrade to P90D to get car earlier. I feel they are doing the same with 70D projections. Also, considering ModelX Tracker and other reasonable order confirmations, and layering in production ramp hitting 1,000/week soon, I think June 1 may even be conservative. Thoughts everyone?

My estimate is July. Back of the envelope estimate is:
  • As far as we know all 90D orders are scheduled. Delivery dates range, but end as late as May. (other than 5-seat options)
  • 70D and 90D 5-seat orders are being asked to upgrade. Those that do are seeing dates as late as May.
  • Tesla is prioritizing highly configured cars to maximize cash flow and demonstrate high margins to Wall Street. This means new orders for 90's will continue to jump the queue since Tesla will want to show strong results for Q2.
  • Similarly, Tesla may even begin shipping highly configured international models in late Q2 to boost its revenue and margin per sale.
  • Tesla is currently scheduled to ship pretty much all 90D preorders in a 10 week period - mid March to end of May. International reservations ran around 40% of total reservations. So, highly configured international orders, plus any new incoming orders with premium configurations, would therefore likely account for another 5 weeks or so of deliveries, give or take.
So, from a deliveries perspective:
  • Current order backlog: Done by end of May.
  • Premium new and international orders: Done by early to mid-July.
  • 70D and/or 90D 5-seat orders: Begin mid-July.

• Informative
Reactions: umeshunni