Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75Kwh battery pack being dropped from Model S/X. Refresh coming?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for all the advice! It's an S I'm looking at. Not in a huge rush, but the 75d is near the top of my budget so one worry would be that the only option going forward is the 100d.

On the otherhand I'll be a bit surprised if they remove the 75d price range option completely and it might be a bit fustrating if an upgraded version is released in the next month or two!
I was quite close to pulling the trigger on an inventory 75D... now I'm not sure, do I wait for potential new battery tech, or get a 75d quick before all the inventory stock is gone... any advice from anyone on that conundrum?

Tesla seems to love making frequent changes and there will always be something better coming soon. When I bought my Model S 75 last year, air suspension wasn't an option and I missed out on the new MCU, both of which became standard soon afterwards. However, had I bought earlier that I did, I would have missed out on a slight price decrease, electric trunk and uncorked performance.

In your situation I would wait a few months if possible. I've got a feeling that surely Tesla must introduce a more reasonable priced Model S for those who want something bigger and more practical than the Model 3.

Tesla seems to love making frequent changes and there will always be something better coming soon. When I bought my Model S 75 last year, air suspension wasn't an option and I missed out on the new MCU, both of which became standard soon afterwards. However, had I bought earlier that I did, I would have missed out on a slight price decrease, electric trunk and uncorked performance.

In your situation I would wait a few months if possible. I've got a feeling that surely Tesla must introduce a more reasonable priced Model S for those who want something bigger and more practical than the Model 3.

Yeah, there's always something new around the corner in this game. I narrowly missed out on the new MCU (which seems just as flaky as the old one) but on the other hand finance rates have shot up since I bought my MX, which would now cost almost twice what I'm paying monthly on PCP! I would have to think hard about even buying one at today's prices now the 75D has gone.

Reactions: firewire