Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

95% of my drives, Safety Score reports "Hard Braking".

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s only when you’re not using AP that you get penalized for hard braking (or anything else). Anything that happens while using AP is not supposed to impact your score, according to Tesla.
This is not true. I use AP and have my following distance set to 7. Then someone changes lanes in front of me and I get marked down for following too close. That's the only thing I can figure out is happening. When not using AP I follow at an even further distance. i wish they had a setting for 8 and 9.

It’s only when you’re not using AP that you get penalized for hard braking (or anything else). Anything that happens while using AP is not supposed to impact your score, according to Tesla.
This is not true. I use AP and have my following distance set to 7. Then someone changes lanes in front of me and I get marked down for following too close. That's the only thing I can figure out is happening. When not using AP I follow at an even further distance. i wish they had a setting for 8 and 9.

I’m just telling you what‘s in the Tesla documentation for the safety score. Maybe the Tesla documentation is wrong, but you’re speculating that what happens with AP is impacting your score when you don’t know that for certain. You probably don’t engage AP as soon as you leave your house or workplace, so there are other opportunities to get dinged for following too closely when you’re not using AP.

Reactions: Mark II and Raurele