Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

990 Avenue of the Americas (67 West 36th Street)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Planning to be overnight in Manhattan in Mid August staying not far from Bryant Park. I see that the ICon Parking lot at 67 West 36th Street offers EV charging for an additional $10. Has anyone used this lot before? Do you plug it in yourself and it just stays plugged in? How many chargers could they have? Does the valet move cars in and out of the charging spot?

Lots of questions - never parked the Tesla in Manhattan overnight before so looking for some guidance.

Thx in advance.

That site does not have many checkins on Plugshare, and what's there is mostly negative (broken Tesla chargers, and only available for monthly parking), although none are recent. I would definitely try calling the contact number on the Tesla findus page to inquire, and certainly have a backup plan in mind.

It looks like the Icon lot just north of Bryant Park on 6th Ave & 43rd street has a recent (June 6) successful checkin from a Model Y owner: PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

The 1133 garage across 6th Ave from that garage has mostly positive checkins, but nothing too recent: PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

Had a bit of a change in plans so didn't really need charging in the city.- I ended up going straight to my brother in law in Teaneck (arrived there with about 13%) and then in the evening drove over to Paramus to charge up. That was a mistake. I went around 8 pm - should have waited 2 more hours before going.
Seems like people use Paramus as their home charging. When I arrived, I got the last spot, and the entire time I was there, there was either one or 2 cars in line waiting. Speeds were pretty slow so I was there a solid 45 minutes before I left.
Drove into the city the next morning, and just parked in a "regular" indoor lot right next to the hotel I was staying at in mid-town and left the car there for 2 days not charging but when I left to drive home, I was at about 75% so worked out fine.