Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A bunch of errors after updating vehicle software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know what’s going on? I updated my vehicle software last night and there are a bunch of errors this morning. Too many to list, picture attached. No longer in warranty and will get it towed tomorrow to a service center.

2019 Model X

Attachments

• IMG_3049.png
    IMG_3049.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 230
  • IMG_3051.jpeg
    IMG_3051.jpeg
    273.4 KB · Views: 163
1) Assume you have done a two finger reboot.
2) I'd consider a 'hard' reboot by disconnecting the 12v battery (bolt near emergency/firemen disconnect).
3) I'd probably consider reinstalling the software via the service menu.

Making some assumptions that you know where 2 and 3 items are.

1) Assume you have done a two finger reboot.
2) I'd consider a 'hard' reboot by disconnecting the 12v battery (bolt near emergency/firemen disconnect).
3) I'd probably consider reinstalling the software via the service menu.

Making some assumptions that you know where 2 and 3 items are.
Thanks for your reply. I've done the two finger reboot several times without any luck. I know how to do 2, but not 3. Are you able to give me more info on reinstalling the software via service menu?

For a full reset, you can also try changing the wheel configuration to something else and then back, without taking the 12v connector off, but it seems some sort of battery harness or HV battery problems. Let us know, The HV battery is covered by a warranty for 8 years though.

I'm not a betting man and I'm really bad at guessing. Just going by a software update, (again, no expert) I would think this may had over tasked the 12v battery and these codes may be related. The BMS code would be a bit more concerning though. We did have several codes appeared overnight a while back and Tesla did swap out the battery in our 2018 MX. Notice your codes are similar.

Was on the phone with Tesla support yesterday and was told that the 12V looks normal from their end. I have an appointment this Thursday at the El Camino service center. Hopefully, it’s a HV battery component issue for warranty work. Will update as soon as I find out.

For a full reset, you can also try changing the wheel configuration to something else and then back, without taking the 12v connector off, but it seems some sort of battery harness or HV battery problems. Let us know, The HV battery is covered by a warranty for 8 years though.
FYI, the wheel config trick stopped working ... it no longer does a 'more subsystem' reboot. If you try it Tesla change it to happen quick and update whatever they needed for the calculations and displays. I know this because if you have a Ohmmu batter of the like it my trip a 'battery change required' flag which you use to be able to get ride of using the wheel config trick. The error has only happened a couple times to me so not that big of deal.

Reactions: cbdream99
Just received a message from Tesla, looks like I’ll be getting a replacement
What's the range of your battery now? Have they given any explanations about the failures? Anyway, glad it is covered and hopefully you can get the car back soon. There is another thread about MX battery replaced

Last edited:
Reactions: scottf200
Update: received message saying my car is done and ready for pick up. I’m impressed, was expecting 4 or more weeks. They fixed it in 4 days, yay! Battery @ 100% is now 315 miles compared to 300 miles before the HV battery replacement. I’m very happy with the result.

Attachments

• IMG_3074.jpeg
    IMG_3074.jpeg
    181.3 KB · Views: 104
That's awesome.

The new service center in Richmond Texas did a open house a few months ago and provided tours of their service area. I was amazed on the stacks of crates they had with refurbished S/X batteries ready to be swapped out. They also had a LOT of windshields ready to be swapped out as well for all different models. So, I'm thinking they have these batteries ready to go in many places.

Couldn't. get any pictures inside the service area but here's a few of their open house.

I would be curious to know if you see any improvement in range with the swapped battery pack.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1694456817362.jpg
    FB_IMG_1694456817362.jpg
    535.8 KB · Views: 61
  • PXL_20230920_234558291.jpg
    PXL_20230920_234558291.jpg
    461.4 KB · Views: 43
  • PXL_20230921_003631251.jpg
    PXL_20230921_003631251.jpg
    516.5 KB · Views: 79
2019 MX here, this same thing happened to me on Oct 13th. Car had recently upgraded to 2023.27.6. No news from the shop yet though, just a brick sitting in a parking lot full of other bricks.

Wonder how many others are having similar issues.