Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A little bird told me Model 3 is close to lease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What was the incentive again? They are still selling all they can make

Are they though? I’m not so sure. Lots of indicators that demand is softening for the currently available versions. Performance model price decrease, mid range battery, etc.

Tesla needs to keep pulling levers to convince fence sitters to jump as most of them are waiting for a car that Tesla still can’t produce at a profit. Need to convert those sales now.

G/F just purchased a i3. Started off as a $50,000 car, the got discount from BMW, $10,000 instant rebate from SoCal Edison, $2,500 from the State, $7,500 tax credit, $450 from Utilities for buying an EV, and 2 years of free charge point charging. Her net cost was $30,000. Cool little car, but no where near to the satisfaction of a Tesla. Navigation is from the 80's and OTA updates non-existant.

Charge point is a pain, compared to supercharging. Mostly slow chargers, but some high powered ones at Walmart etc. You need to open the charge door, remove one or two rubber dust covers, select one of two charging cables (much heavier and clumsy that Supercharger) Wiggel them out of their holder and drag the cable to your car. If someone else is using one of the cables, then your cable is dead as it can only charge one car at at time. You do not get juice until they physically unplug.

Then you wiggle in the ungainley plug and return to the stand where you push on the screen to make it visible. Then you select one of the two plugs and push start. The hard to read display will instruct you to bring your charge point RFID card near a decal on the stand and you will hear a beep. Then you wait for about 1 minute for it to communicate with your car to enable current to flow. Then it will charge to about 80% and shut off. If you want a full charge, you must return to your car, unplug, replug and push start again on the display (after touching the display to make it again visible).

So often it will only charge to 17%, then shut off. This is without notice, so you again need to unplug and replug, after touching the screen to make it visible. When you are done replace the two little dust covers, return to the stand and figure out how to put the nozzle back into it's holder. Really quite a pain. If you decide to wait in the car while charging the car shuts down the radio and AC after just a few minutes. No games to play on the screen :)

I smile when people complain about Supercharging. Compared to Charge point it is fantastic. Push button on handle to open charge port, plug in, check onboard screen to see if you are charging fast enough and you will get a smartphone notice when you are almost full and totally full.

• Informative
Reactions: lukex4