Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A little direction with a crash!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was considering like a line burst but yeah, ur correct, at least front/back is separate for sure

Yeah, if a line bursts you still have some brakes. I believe it's front right and rear left paired and front left and rear right, actually.

However if the master cylinder cracks or fails, i guess its possible to instantly lose breaks?.. but again it'll stay broken after...

I suppose, but seems highly unlikely. That'd be an insane failure. It'd also be incredibly messy any obvious. And you're right, would be incredibly obvious because it'd remain broken. Also, the logs would clearly show brake presses in this case since the brake switch is not even part of the iBooster.

I've never seen any fail in such a way. Have seen iBoosters survive some incredible accidents unscathed. I can't imagine them just self-destructing.

---

Random, but funny:

Reactions: MP3Mike
Yeah, if a line bursts you still have some brakes. I believe it's front right and rear left paired and front left and rear right, actually.

I suppose, but seems highly unlikely. That'd be an insane failure. It'd also be incredibly messy any obvious. And you're right, would be incredibly obvious because it'd remain broken. Also, the logs would clearly show brake presses in this case since the brake switch is not even part of the iBooster.

I've never seen any fail in such a way. Have seen iBoosters survive some incredible accidents unscathed. I can't imagine them just self-destructing.

There is an active thread on a Model Y that lost control and Tesla Service reported that while driving, the Tesla App malfunctioned and put the car to sleep. I would assume the Service saw this from the logs. Could something similar have happened here, afterall?