TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

A nice place to go this time of the year

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by tinpandave, Nov 17, 2015.

1. tinpandave

tinpandave Member

#1 tinpandave, Nov 17, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
    http://www.callawaygardens.com/

H
    i just though I would let you know of a nice place to go and if you never been there it is something to see, it Callaway Gardens at Pine Mountain Ga. southwest of Atlanta on rt.27 and at this time of the year they have a lot going on, they have the Fantasy in Lights its over 8 million lights that you drive through its about a 1 1/2 hr. drive in the park. check the web site the kids will love it. You can charge at the Inn. WE are going up on the 21nd of Nov. charging at lake City
    then Tifton Ga. then Columbus Ga. at the Double Tree Inn, we will spend the night and zip in to Callaway in the a.m.

Dave

2. Roland

Roland Member

#2 Roland, Nov 17, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
    Thanks for the headed up. We are driving from St Louis back to Naples, FL in a couple of weeks. It will be a great stop on our trip to warm weather.

3. muleferg

muleferg Member

My wife and and I used to go there for garden seminars. I remember one year during the Super Bowl we got stranded due to an ice storm at home and did not want to travel. most all the other guest left and they closed the kitchen. They had a popcorn machine and lots of beer in the bar. We watched the Super Bowl, ate popcorn, drink beer and had a good time with 2 of our friends.It is a wonderfull place.

o.jpg