Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Proposal - Amateur Tesla Commercial Competition - it's time.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DavidM

P2624, Delivered
Aug 18, 2011
Florida
I would think we are overdue for an amateur Tesla Commercial competition. There have been a few excellent commercials already. Tesla gets the free marketing, and the top 20 (60 second) commercials show up on YouTube. Fans get to vote on which one they think is the best (millions of page views!). No doubt the news media will be showing segments for free, and driving more watchers to YouTube to see the commercials. More consumer awareness, less tolerance for dealer association protectionism, etc.

Oh, I forgot to mention, in my proposal, the winner should get a free Model S lease for one year. Cause they deserve it!

Last edited:
Well, I know I'm never going to enter, cuz that "Spaceship" ad by itself is far more clever and better created than I ever could do.

OP DavidM: can I strongly suggest you delete or seriously modify your initial post's final line? Once this thread gets going, were it to stay in it could come back to haunt...very, very badly, I would think.

Edited the thread title to make it clear that this is not an actual contest.

Moved to Off Topic since it doesn't really seem to fit anywhere else. Video section is for videos!

- mod

Doug_G
I put it in the Video topic because my proposed Commercial Ad contest would be to create Amateur "Videos" like "Gallons of Light" and "Tesla - Modern Spaceship". This would be a contest for "Videos". Off Topic is a Trash Bin where topics have little to nothing to do with Tesla. Please reconsider moving this back to Videos where it belongs. Let me know what you decide.

- - - Updated - - -

AudubonB - Editing completed on the final line. Thanks for the suggestion.