Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A tip of the hat to everyone, from Southern California!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello!

I've decided I'll be purchasing a Model S within the next six months, so thought it would be a good idea to join this forum and learn as much as I can about this car (and Tesla, the company, in general).

From reading through the posts I can see I've come to the right place!

I did have a question...

Looking to drive from Los Angeles to Grants Pass, Oregon. I looked at the Super Charger map, and I'm not sure I can make it from Sacramento area to G.P., Oregon. I'm sure I'm missing something here and/or there are other easy alternatives.

Would someone please lend me some wisdom on this?

Thanks!

Welcome, passion4audio!

I just took a look at the SC map, and I think you'll have no problems getting to Grant's Pass using just superchargers. By the time you have your car, it looks like the west coast north/south route will be complete (Winter 2013) -- and that would get you all the way up to Portland (and beyond). :)

I do know it's also possible -- today -- to go between Seattle and San Francisco in a fairly reasonable timeframe, even without superchargers. At the Folsom SC I met a guy from Seattle who had just driven down. He used RV parks and overnight visits with friends to make the trip.

Oh, and... judging by your handle, I'd say you need to start your homework by reading all the threads about the standard vs. "ultra" sound system option!