Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm a new Tesla owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone. I just joined this forum today. I just got a used 2022 Tesla Model 3 Long Range from Hertz Car Rental.
I'm browsing through the forum to find some tips and info about Teslas. I'm glad to be a part of the forum.

Right now I'm having some problems transferring ownership from Hertz to me. I've gone through the process of uploading the documents and my driver license. The last step was to change the name of the car to a 3-letter code that Tesla provided. On my touch screen the car is named "Tesla" but in a dark blue color (not the normal light blue) and when I tap it, nothing happens. So I am unable to change the name of the car and the transfer cannot continue. Some other issues is that I cannot add new key cards, I cannot get into the glovebox because there is a PIN, there are a few features that I can't turn on or off. I can use the Tesla app to unlock the doors and drive the car. I think the car must be in Guest mode. I'm sure these issues will be resolved once the car is transferred to me.

It's a long holiday weekend and I'm enjoying the car. I'll call up Hertz, Tesla, and Fidelity (that's Hertz's after sales support) next week and try to get the car transferred to me and then I can do a factory reset.

tess.jpg

Here's a picture of my Model 3

Call Tesla and let them know you bought the car. They'll send you an email requesting information (ID, Registration / Bill of Sale) and then they will assign the car to you. Once transferred you will need to factory reset the car and it's all yours.

Reactions: IronHamster
Here's the update on my 2022 M3LR. A call to Tesla allowed the transfer of ownership to me. It couldn't be done by the app, website, or the screen. After the call to Tesla, I was able to do a factory reset from the screen that removed Hertz's restrictions. And then the fleet version of the software removed itself without me doing anything after about 3 weeks.

No issues, although I did notice that the passenger side of the hood has a slightly larger gap by the headlight than the driver's side. I didn't notice it right away, but after a while I started to see it.

• Informative
Reactions: CyberShy and IdaX
On March 4 I bought a M3 AWD Long range 74k mi for $22,500 from Hertz. minus 4K IRS = $18,500
Range says 334 miles.
The Hertz website was not up to date, So I just showed up 4 different times to find one. Mine never got a sales sticker ( just off the truck)
Sales person said 7 day 200 miles return policy, but Finance people said if I take the tax credit It will be 2 day return policy.
Hertz took off 4k at the dealer but had to wait a bit longer because only one guy knew how to get on the IRS website to claim the advance tax credit.
Prices seem to be based mostly on miles. Lower mile M3's from Hertz are close in price to Tesla used prices and Tesla includes 12 month 12k mi warranty. The transfer was easy I just called tesla and they walked me through the whole thing. Upload pic of drivers license and sales contract from Hertz. They said it takes 3-5 days and I said I need access to super charging so they did it while I was on the call. They helped me set up phone Keys too.
Mine was never locked in chill mode from Hertz.
It had some good size scuffs which 90% come off with buffing compound and tar remover.
My trunk was miss aligned, so I loosened the bolts holding the rear trunk lid, they seem to be adjustable sitting in oval holes. It's perfect now.
I have not been able to find any problems with the car.
I slow charged once at 120V and it stopped as voltage dropped to 109 v ( it was on a GFCI circuit ?) switched to another non GFCI and worked good.
I made a trip to the mountains 5000 feet elevation windy roads pushing hard at times. A 90 mile trip used 130 miles of range. (Loads of Fun per mile)
LOVE IT.

• Informative
Reactions: MitchMitch and IdaX