Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

a249 and a210 errors and potential leak from rear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

The last few days I have noticed my December 2019 (50k miles and out of basic warranty) M3P fan on a bit more than normal. I have however used superchargers driving in Europe a lot so maybe a coincidence.

On the latest stop I thought I'd look at the temps via service mode and found the attached errors.

I have read through and see the 5 way valve appears to a fairly common issue on 2018 models but assume not on this late a model?

My friend then saw a load water droplets coming out the back of the car ( have a video if handy). It could have been water that had been sitting but likeways something related / more serious. Hopefully not.

Shall I just book it into a service centre and take the hit or are there some simple steps first? I don't mind replacing the valve myself if it is likely to be that but do worry if there is something more sinister with batteries Tesla may try blame my handy work.

Battery performance and range seem to be fine so far.

Any help would be massively appreciated

Attachments

• 20240526_131642.jpg
    20240526_131642.jpg
    462.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
In case you haven't found this thread already it may be of some value: VCFRONT a210 coolant Valve Calib
I did thank you, but sort of read it to be a 2018 problem that ticked over into 2019. Nearly 2020 sounds a bit late to be the same. Not adverse to just trying the 5 way actuator though if people think its that.

So reading the error it is still functioning, just not as well as it should.

I did thank you, but sort of read it to be a 2018 problem that ticked over into 2019. Nearly 2020 sounds a bit late to be the same. Not adverse to just trying the 5 way actuator though if people think its that.

So reading the error it is still functioning, just not as well as it should.
I have no helpful info to add I’m afraid … but as I have a 2019 car I’m now keeping an eye out!