Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VCFRONT a210 coolant Valve Calib

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Need help fixing this coolant valve code on a 2020 (late 2019) model 3 LR RWD with 90k miles on the car. Found this code while in service mode doing the CCS computer update. Also originally found a low coolant code but never showed on screen during normal driving I checked and topped off the coolant but it wasn't very low. That code seems to be gone since fixed a week ago but this one was left after update and install of the new charging control module.

CVFRONT_a210_coolantValveCalib

Description: Says "The coolant valve has a calibration fault. Check coolant valve harness and/or replace actuator. Powertrain performance maybe limited"

Set condition: Coolant valve fails to meet calibration target during calibration.

How many coolant valves does this car have and which one or which actuator would this be? Part number for actuator? Any pics or info would help.

Thanks,

It sounds like you might not be aware that Tesla's official service manuals are currently free online.

Thanks I have not played with that before, but now have. I didn't yet find a trouble code tree but I did look up cooling and found the actuator on the bottle but I'm guessing is the one the description talks about.

Service Manual talks about calibration after using the Toolbox 3 which seems to be way to expensive for this single repair.

I'm guessing if I had toolbox I could probley do a function check or test on the current actuator and see if its really bad or just needs to be calibrated.

100% same here. Doing CCS upgrade, explored service mode, found low coolant alarm in service mode only, found A210 valve calibration fault in service mode. Car is M3LR RWD built early 04/2018. I pulled every cover off to check all coolant lines for leaks, every coolant line was perfectly dry, no blue glycol anywhere. Topped coolant tank off and the level has held. Maybe Tesla was still working out how to bleed coolant system when it was built and it’s been low forever?

Car functions 100% normal, hot, cold, supercharging, driving so I’m going to ignore.

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2
I’ve been doing more research on this error and saw a similar error that someone else ran into where their bypass valve was stuck in a position that wouldn’t send coolant to the motor. They were quoted ~$900 for a coolant drain and fill and a super bottle replacement.

What I’ve noticed with my car is that preconditioning doesn’t seem to be as effective as it should be. I was trying to warm the battery after leaving the car out in the cold, and even after the motors reached 200F the battery was still only warning up slowly.

I think the position my valve is clocked in is causing the warmed up coolant to run to the radiator before reaching the battery, so while precondition works, the heat is being lost before it can make it to the battery.

I encountered an error code and took the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:
  1. I checked the coolant level and found it to be low, so I purchased new coolant from Walmart to refill the system, but it did not fix the problem.
  2. I inspected the valve connector for the valve actuator and found it to be clean. As a precaution, I used connector cleaner to ensure the connector was not the issue.
  3. I replaced the valve actuator with a new one (SERVICE-KIT, VALVE ACTUATOR 1133873-00-C) purchased from a Tesla store nearby ($45.00), following the Tesla Service manual replacement procedure.
  4. After the replacement, new error codes emerged, so I did a software reinstall hoping to recalibrate the valve, this cleared the new code but the VCFRONT a210 coolant Valve Calib remained.
  5. Unfortunately, none of the above steps resolved the issue and the error code remained, it seems that I may need to use Toolbox 3 to run a specific calibration service test to fix it.

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2
I encountered an error code and took the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:
  1. I checked the coolant level and found it to be low, so I purchased new coolant from Walmart to refill the system, but it did not fix the problem.
  2. I inspected the valve connector for the valve actuator and found it to be clean. As a precaution, I used connector cleaner to ensure the connector was not the issue.
  3. I replaced the valve actuator with a new one (SERVICE-KIT, VALVE ACTUATOR 1133873-00-C) purchased from a Tesla store nearby ($45.00), following the Tesla Service manual replacement procedure.
  4. After the replacement, new error codes emerged, so I did a software reinstall hoping to recalibrate the valve, this cleared the new code but the VCFRONT a210 coolant Valve Calib remained.
  5. Unfortunately, none of the above steps resolved the issue and the error code remained, it seems that I may need to use Toolbox 3 to run a specific calibration service test to fix it.
Before mounting the new valve actuator, did you try to rotate the valve if it rotates freely? Maybe it is mechanically stuck

Before mounting the new valve actuator, did you try to rotate the valve if it rotates freely? Maybe it is mechanically stuck
I did, overall the valve did move, but it took moderate about of force to move it.

It's likely it was hard to move because I didn't have the custom tool they require and I had to modify a existing tool of mine to rotate it.

Hope somebody else is able to figure this out, creeping up on my battery warranty mileage and this error code is preventing me from running the battery health test.

Just checking if anyone has made headway on the problem? Also, is anyone else seeing this other error that seems to be related with a210?

2018 LR AWD

Attachments

• 296B4F22-653D-4905-A933-2E6963098728.jpeg
    296B4F22-653D-4905-A933-2E6963098728.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 573
I’m not seeing that extra error.

I have an appointment with Tesla body shop in 3 weeks, I’m going to dig into this with them. My error started coming up after I got t-boned, so this is going to be insurance related.

What I am also seeing is spontaneous hard reboots. Especially when entering the vehicle. 4 out of 5 times it’s presented as the screen remaining black as I enter. It drives but in turtle mode, after screen comes up in a few minutes it remains in turtle mode until I get out & re-enter.

Once the reboot was during FSD mode, vehicle did not enter turtle, FSD remained engaged.

Reactions: decke003