Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good morning, I went through the same thing after purchasing my 2022 model 3. Because FSD is still in Beta, you have to apply for the beta, get somewhere between 98-100 on your safety score (this should be easy using advanced autopilot frequently) and then wait until they push the beta out to new users. Mine took somewhere between two weeks and a month before I received my FSD. Your experience will inevitably vary.

Good luck!

Upvote 0
How do I know if my model y 2022 got FSD and activate it? (i purchased car with fsd subscription)

Thank you,
slightly complicated question without defining a bunch of things lol, but the short answer is, if you don't know you have it, you don't haha. Opt in in the settings menu and get in queue, but they have not added anyone for a loooong time (since late Dec) so it may be a bit :(

that refers to FSD Beta, your purchase of FSD did get you some additional features that are available now (Navigate on Autopilot, auto lane change, etc..)

Upvote 0
In your app you can see if FSD has indeed been purchased. Now if you’re doing the monthly subscription I cannot comment. I’m sure someone else can, I would assume the car would show that in the same area as the premium maps

As far as turning functions on, inside the cars infotainment screen you go to autopilot. FSD is there

Upvote 0
Yes, the terminology people use doesn’t help clear up the confusion:

1. “FSD” is not yet a thing that exists. This is what Tesla is working on and will hopefully be an option in cars someday.
  2. “FSD Capability” is what you can today purchase in a lump sum for all future updates included, or subscribe to until you stop paying the monthly fee. Your Tesla app will tell you in the “Upgrades” section what, if either, you have of these two options.
  3. “FSD beta” is what some have been able to opt into from the in-car menu’s “Autopilot” section, after playing the safety score game well and catching a wave of when Tesla grants more beta participants (seems it hasn’t happened in the USA since December, is only recently happening in Canada).

Reactions: Skione65
Upvote 0
If you subscribed to FSD, then you should see it listed on the software page of the car's touchscreen. You should also see it listed in the upgrades page of your mobile app.

Assuming you have it, to enable FSD features (not FSD beta), go to the Autopilot page and turn them on.

Upvote 0