Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ABRP and current Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are thinking of trading up to a new S LR from our MYP and wanted to run some test routes we currently drive. But ABRP doesn’t have the new Model S to model (402 range).

Am I doing something wrong? Is there another online planner?

Thanks

We are thinking of trading up to a new S LR from our MYP and wanted to run some test routes we currently drive. But ABRP doesn’t have the new Model S to model (402 range).

Am I doing something wrong? Is there another online planner?

Thanks
It's the 21 MS LR. ABRP has always had more accurate stats, the "new range" is just Tesla adhering to the new EPA standards, it's the same car and battery.

It's the 21 MS LR. ABRP has always had more accurate stats, the "new range" is just Tesla adhering to the new EPA standards, it's the same car and battery.
Actually, the change to the new EPA standards didn't impact the MS LR much at all. Less than 1%. Went from 405 to 402 miles EPA rated range with 19" wheels

I used ABRP for a few years with my prior 2016.5 MS 90D, I'm tending to find that ABRP is actually over estimating the energy consumption for my new 2023 MS LR. I've done about about 4,200 miles so far in just over 2 months, about 75% of which has been long range driving including a 1,500 mile round trip end of February. It's consistently estimating that my battery percentage consumed is more than what I've actually experienced. So if @TomServo is seeing it suggesting good range increase for him, then I'd think that should be taken as a good indication.

Now having said that, I'm actually a little disappointed in my new MS LR that the level of energy use I'm seeing (in a Wh/mi context). Everything I'd heard about Raven models, move to the permanent magnet motor for one of the motors, etc., had led me to believe I should expect to see my Wh/mi numbers drop. I've not experienced that, especially on highway drives. So for me the net effective increase in range versus my MS90D seems to be largely just the net increase in battery pack capacity, nothing due to a fundamental efficiency improvement. Maybe I'm still getting through the 'break in' period, and I'll see my Wh/mi numbers continue to improve a little bit, but at 4,200 total miles, I'd think most of that initial break-in would have occurred.