Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feedback requested from current Model S purchasers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We ordered our Model S on December 16th, 2023 and the original dates to receive were from December 31st, 2023 to January 31st 2024. Still haven't received a VIN#.

Would like some feedback from current purchasers of the Model S. Have you experienced the same problems and if you did receive your S how long did it take?

I ordered my MS LR on Oct 29, 2023. Took delivery on Dec 20, 2023. So about 7.5 weeks. My original delivery window was by the end of November, but it shifted a couple times, first to mid-Nov to mid-Dec, then to by end of December. I don't recall the precise date I was notified the VIN, but was roughly first week of December, delivery window started to narrow to latter half of Dec. About Dec 13 I got the notice to schedule my delivery.

Now how much the influence mine was towards the end of the quarter and yours more early/mid quarter is another factor. Tesla has a reputation for pushing deliveries as the quarter end nears. It also can depend a little on your exact spec versus inventory and build plans.

Personally I'd like to think you're getting close, but the timing in the quarter is still the wild card in my book that's a little hard to predict.

• Informative
Reactions: KerryOH
Ordered my S Plaid in last week of Dec (intent to get the 2024 VIN), delivery date got pushed back twice, from Feb to Mar now. Important thing is, there will be new announcement about the upgraded Mode S today, so I might have to push my delivery to later date for the new features on the car, or cancel my order entirely, depends.

GHjvRTeXAAAOjAW.jpeg