Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ABS issues 85D 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone! :)

I hope this message finds you well. I'm reaching out regarding a persistent issue I've been experiencing with my Tesla. Back in October, I encountered an ABS sensor failure and sought assistance from Tesla Service. Unfortunately, I've been informed that the sensor won't be available until February 2024.

Following guidance from a Tesla technician, I entered the service mode after replacing the ABS sensor. However, I wasn't able to note the specific code before the sensor replacement. Despite my efforts and a thorough replacement process, the issues persist. The error codes I'm currently encountering are:

1. ESP-d039_wssRRWrongSen
  2. ESP_d041-wssMonWheelDirRR (Bosch DTC value: 0x00403a76)
Tesla Service suggested that if it's not an ABS sensor issue, it could potentially be related to the wheel bearing. Consequently, I recently replaced the wheel bearing with one that includes a magnetic ABS ring. Unfortunately, this didn't resolve the problem, and I'm still encountering the same error codes.

I attempted to replace the ABS sensor once again with a new one, but regrettably, the issue remains unchanged.

I'm reaching out to inquire if anyone might have insights or suggestions on how to address this persistent issue. If there are any alternative solutions or diagnostics that could be explored before the sensor becomes available, I'd greatly appreciate the assistance.

The prolonged timeframe for the sensor's availability from Tesla Service poses a challenge as I rely on my vehicle for daily use. Any guidance or support would be immensely helpful.

Thank you all for your time and consideration.

Warm regards,

Kamiloss