Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AC comes on when changing steering wheel heat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Scenario: I have the AC Fan off. If I decide I want to turn the steering wheel heater on, when I click the fan the AC fan will come on, I can then goto the heat settings and turn the steering wheel heat on. Then I never wanted the ac fan on in the firstplace so now I turn it off.

Question: Is this the normal way it operates, if so its garbage and how do we suggest a change to tesla? Second If im shutting off the AC blower that by default comes on when you go into the settings, is it turning off my steering wheel heater?

Last edited:
Scenario: I have the AC Fan off. If I decide I want to turn the steering wheel heater on, when I click the fan the AC fan will come on, I can then goto the heat settings and turn the steering wheel heat on. Then I never wanted the ac fan on in the firstplace so now I turn it off.

Question: Is this the normal way it operates, if so its garbage and how do we suggest a change to tesla? Second If im shutting off the AC blower that by default comes on when you go into the settings, is it turning off my steering wheel heater?
Don't go to the climate control at all. Just use the voice command 'Turn On Heated Steering Wheel.' Then the ac/fan won't change at all.

Reactions: ilovemytdi
Upvote 0