Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heated Steering wheel -2023 Model YLR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No snarky comments please. I don't want my heated steering wheel to go on at all from the climate selection in the app. In cold weather from the app I turn on my climate control and it automatically shows the steering wheel heating. In the app I use my fingers to turn off the steering wheel icon while it's heating the inside of the car. Is there anyway I can prevent it from automatically heating the steering wheel when it's warming up the car?

No snarky comments please. I don't want my heated steering wheel to go on at all from the climate selection in the app. In cold weather from the app I turn on my climate control and it automatically shows the steering wheel heating. In the app I use my fingers to turn off the steering wheel icon while it's heating the inside of the car. Is there anyway I can prevent it from automatically heating the steering wheel when it's warming up the car?

I hesitate to even try to answer, because I dont know what is going to be considered a "snarky" comment in this context. This is ment as an honest question, no snark intended.

Have you checked to make sure "auto" is not on, for the heated steering wheel?

Reactions: fsb1
I have the same issue but lately I'm thinking its not really an issue, more of a bug.

When I turn on the climate from the app, it indicates both front seats and steering wheel are on full. But when I finally get in the car, the seats are not warm and the steering wheel is only lukewarm like its warm only because the dashboard blower is blowing hot air on it. I dont think they're really turning on.

And then there's this posting

Before all this, I discovered you can turn on the heater only by tapping the image of the car in the small space between the steering wheel and the side door, right on the dashboard. And by turning on heat only I mean only the blowers and defrosters are shown as being activated, not the steering and front seats. However, this seems to have disappeared with the last software update. Now the app shows everything being turned on no matter where you tap.

Related question. On a cold morning when I get in the car I use voice commands: first, “set heat to high,” then “Enable seat heater,” then “turn on steering wheel heater.”

is there a way to enable all three at once, either by voice command or . . . ?

I have the same issue but lately I'm thinking its not really an issue, more of a bug.

When I turn on the climate from the app, it indicates both front seats and steering wheel are on full. But when I finally get in the car, the seats are not warm and the steering wheel is only lukewarm like its warm only because the dashboard blower is blowing hot air on it. I dont think they're really turning on.

And then there's this posting

Before all this, I discovered you can turn on the heater only by tapping the image of the car in the small space between the steering wheel and the side door, right on the dashboard. And by turning on heat only I mean only the blowers and defrosters are shown as being activated, not the steering and front seats. However, this seems to have disappeared with the last software update. Now the app shows everything being turned on no matter where you tap.
I am the original poster of seat problem
I'm not glad someone else has the issue as me - but - I am curious as to where you are tapping on the screen of the app. Can you post a screen shot?
BTW - the steering wheel is actually heating up, not just the hot air blowing on it. Even tho you see the app showing the seats are on - they are not on at all. You can turn on the rear seats from the app, and even tho it shows them on high, in reality they are not on either. Tested and proven. I hope this is a software issue and can be resolved by the next update.

"X" marks the spot. It no longer works. Now I can sometimes elicit a response when clicking the front seat seatbelt fasteners.

Screenshot.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
I'm sure this is an issue with the last iPhone app. update.

IMG_4443.PNG

After reading your post (thanks for putting me on the right track) I have discovered that if you tap NOT on the seat but on the indicated red spots above - the seats and steering wheel will work properly. Tested it this morning and it does as it should. Got into the car with warm seats for the first time this season. If you tap on the seats themselves, they are non-responsive. But if you use the indicated spots, it does work.

• Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin
The app has not worked for me for seat heater control when car is parked for about a year or more. Just totally broken. It does show them as on, but when I get back in, seats are cold and heaters set to how I last set them when parked.

Kids in back seat use the app to control seat heaters while we're driving, but that's the only time the app controls seem to work.

The app has not worked for me for seat heater control when car is parked for about a year or more. Just totally broken. It does show them as on, but when I get back in, seats are cold and heaters set to how I last set them when parked.

Kids in back seat use the app to control seat heaters while we're driving, but that's the only time the app controls seem to work.
Same exact scenario here! However I couldn't control the seats with the app in the car either. But the discovery above fixed my issue. Have you tried that approach ? There's a new app (4.28.0) for the iPhone that came out 12/15/23 BUT I'm afraid to update it... I'm currently on 4.27.5

I hesitate to even try to answer, because I dont know what is going to be considered a "snarky" comment in this context. This is ment as an honest question, no snark intended.

Have you checked to make sure "auto" is not on, for the heated steering wheel?
Yes auto is not on. I guess I'll just have to manually turn it off in the app when I put the climate on in colder weather