Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration loss for a split second

McHoffa

EV.network
Sep 29, 2015
Canton, NC
Just over 1000 miles on my Model 3, on 10.5

Tonight we got in the car to run down the road. Two times within the first quarter mile while accelerating the car felt like it stopped getting power to the motor for a split second. Only way I can describe it is it felt like if you took your foot off the accelerator suddenly and regen kicked in. Just lasted a second each time and then didn’t happen again the next 10 miles or on the way back.

Anyone experience this?

McHoffa

EV.network
Sep 29, 2015
Canton, NC
Dry, clean road surface? Were you driving sedately, or giving it some beans? Accelerating under cornering loads, etc? It kinda sounds like traction control, though I have no experience with Tesla TC/SC specifically.
Just regular acceleration (not flooring it) on a regular flat road. Just felt like power completely went away for a split second. Hasn’t happened again and we drove another couple hundred miles since then. Just watching it.

drawfour

Mar 10, 2018
Seattle, WA
Did you file a bug report? You should do that whenever you see glitches, especially since they may not repro that often, but something like that could be indicative of a future failure.

McHoffa

EV.network
Sep 29, 2015
Canton, NC
Did you file a bug report? You should do that whenever you see glitches, especially since they may not repro that often, but something like that could be indicative of a future failure.
Yes, I did. Wish they’d follow up on it though so I could explain and ask questions. Also emailed my local contact in Charlotte.

Reactions: drawfour

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC