Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Acceleration reduced. Performance may be restored on next drive"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_3094.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3095.jpeg
    IMG_3095.jpeg
    488.5 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3096.jpeg
    IMG_3096.jpeg
    487.3 KB · Views: 71
I had the same message in my model 2018 model S 100 D.

I made an appointment to take it in to the service center, but they messaged me to drive the car in immediately to them or If it wasn’t drivable, have it towed there. Fortunately, I was able to drive it. I had all the same problems as you: no regenerative, braking, etc.

First they thought it might be the high voltage battery, and gave me a loaner car. But they ended up replacing the PTC heater to the tune of $2400. (My new car battery was already out.)

I drove the car home only to find it giving me the same error message. Turned out it was the high-voltage battery, which was under warranty. The car had to be towed to a larger service center for safety reasons.

I was told that anytime you get a message like that, you can schedule an appointment, but usually they will message you and tell you to bring the car in right away so they will address it immediately at the service center.

I had the same message in my model 2018 model S 100 D.

I made an appointment to take it in to the service center, but they messaged me to drive the car in immediately to them or If it wasn’t drivable, have it towed there. Fortunately, I was able to drive it. I had all the same problems as you: no regenerative, braking, etc.

First they thought it might be the high voltage battery, and gave me a loaner car. But they ended up replacing the PTC heater to the tune of $2400. (My new car battery was already out.)

I drove the car home only to find it giving me the same error message. Turned out it was the high-voltage battery, which was under warranty. The car had to be towed to a larger service center for safety reasons.

I was told that anytime you get a message like that, you can schedule an appointment, but usually they will message you and tell you to bring the car in right away so they will address it immediately at the service center.
Sheeesh man. They just took the car in. I had it towed just now so just waiting on them to get back to me. Hopefully its the high voltage battery. My low voltage was just replaced

Sheeesh man. They just took the car in. I had it towed just now so just waiting on them to get back to me. Hopefully its the high voltage battery. My low voltage was just replaced
Could also be the battery coolant heater. That seems to pop up often. But I’m not sure how often on a 2018. My car had 4800 miles on the coolant heater when it crapped out.

Some service centers have no idea what they are doing so don’t be shocked if they come back tomorrow and say it’s something else. That being said, I thought they had these battery issues behind them especially in the 100 packs. 🧐

Reactions: Jayskywalker21
Some service centers have no idea what they are doing so don’t be shocked if they come back tomorrow and say it’s something else. That being said, I thought they had these battery issues behind them especially in the 100 packs. 🧐
Update: it was in-fact the HV Battery. Said they’re waiting for one to be shipped out to them. Guess I’m waiting on this. If anybody has had experience with major delays for a job like this I would love to know your experience

Reactions: tesluv108