Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accelerator/Gas Pedal Cover?? Not on my M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Timmy T.

VIN 164xx / LR RWD / EAP / FSD ($2K SALE = SCORE)
May 28, 2018
Georgia
So I purchased these last week for $28.98 after a $2 instant coupon - they arrived fast so all is good. They do appear to be $4 more expensive now. Prices fluctuate as with most Amazon listings: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079CZSS7V/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The item is pretty decent and certainly worth the small $$$ investment

I let them sit out on the hot sun for 30 minutes and they were easy enough to get on. The brake one very easy as it's a bit wider because they are made for the S but they fit fine. The gas took some effort to get on completely and securely. Tip is to put the inside side on first and then manipulate the side closer to the door on. Impossible by hand the other way. I needed no extra tools to finish the job just some brainpower and the AC cranking down on me as it was 98 degrees out yesterday.

So here's the point - I didn't have a gas pedal cover from the factory. What? There was a brake cover (that came off easy with a simple twist) but nothing at all on the accelerator. Just the metal pedal arm with up and down grooves on it. Very small surface. I never noticed. Drove the car over 1000 miles that way....haha

Is this something they missed installing or the way they all are?? Anyone??

Reactions: lirandy
So I purchased these last week for $28.98 after a $2 instant coupon - they arrived fast so all is good. They do appear to be $4 more expensive now. Prices fluctuate as with most Amazon listings: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079CZSS7V/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I let them sit out on the hot sun for 30 minutes and they were easy enough to get on. The brake one very easy as it's a bit wider because they are made for the S but they fit fine. The gas took some effort to get on completely and securely. Tip is to put the inside side on first and then manipulate the side closer to the door on. Impossible by hand the other way. I needed no extra tools to finish the job just some brainpower and the AC cranking down on me as it was 98 degrees out yesterday.

So here's the point - I didn't have a gas pedal cover from the factory. What? There was a brake cover (that came off easy with a simple twist) but nothing at all on the accelerator. Just the metal pedal arm with up and down grooves on it. Very small surface. I never noticed. Drove the car over 1000 miles that way....haha

It's an EV, there should be no gas pedal. ;)

Missing the accelerator cover would be definitely different. Did you grab a pic?

Same on my sister's Model 3. The service center said that's normal.

Clarification: There was nothing under the original rubber cover for the accelerator pedal (just the metal arm itself) whereas there was a large surface under the rubber cover for the brake pedal.

Last edited:
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
No pic as the install is done BUT for sure nothing at all was over the metal pedal on the accelerator side.

Just a black pedal with 3 or 4 vertical grooves/lines attached to the arm - and it's a tiny/small metal pedal too....

Big black rubber cover on the brake.

This does seem very strange.....

Look great!!! Thanks for sharing

Oh! Thanks. How’s this different than amazon lol. Other than price
Is always good question. :confused:

I would assume Evannex is better quality, but beyond that, I have no idea (and I have no connection besides I bought a few things from them once). I get most stuff from Abstract Ocean, and a few things from Evannex. :D

I love Amazon because of the reviews, but even those have been tarnished by auto-fake-reviews in some cases recently...

So I never saw the Evannex video but that's really all there was to it. And I see now there is no accelerator cover from the factory. Took me 10 more minutes than the pro in the video as I was putting the accelerator on left side first and struggled a bit. They look identical to the $29 ones I grabbed with Amazon Prime. No difference - I'm sure of it. They all look the same. Sure they may get scrapped up and need replacing to stay looking new but that's easier when buying them at the lowest price. I don't care about scratches from my shoes/feet. They look great and are nice a large compared to the garbage Tesla sends them out the door with....