Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vibration in accelerator pedal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there

So a while back I did a couple of hard brakes on an empty road to clean the rotors and pads since we never use them. Nothing new and I do it every month at least.

Last time I did it the car went over a small dent in the road while I applied the brakes at max. The car went over the uneven ground and you could hear it "fly" over and go in into the dent on the road while brakes were applied. The front right wheel went into the uneven surface. It was not a pothole just an uneven part.

Now ever since that happened I can feel a vibration in the accelerator pedal every time I go over a speedbump or very uneven surface on the road. This is not a constant vibration but only when the car itself shakes or vibrates. It feels like a spring that you pull pack and release, you feel a vibration and it fades away.
You can also feel it a bit on the side wall not the accelerator if I rest my foot against the wall.

Now I have no idea if the little mishap while I was braking had anything to do with this, but I might mention it just in case.

Perhaps this is normal and it has always been like this just me not thinking about it, who knows.

What do you think, anyone here that feels the same vibration?

Hi there

So a while back I did a couple of hard brakes on an empty road to clean the rotors and pads since we never use them. Nothing new and I do it every month at least.

Last time I did it the car went over a small dent in the road while I applied the brakes at max. The car went over the uneven ground and you could hear it "fly" over and go in into the dent on the road while brakes were applied. The front right wheel went into the uneven surface. It was not a pothole just an uneven part.

Now ever since that happened I can feel a vibration in the accelerator pedal every time I go over a speedbump or very uneven surface on the road. This is not a constant vibration but only when the car itself shakes or vibrates. It feels like a spring that you pull pack and release, you feel a vibration and it fades away.
You can also feel it a bit on the side wall not the accelerator if I rest my foot against the wall.

Now I have no idea if the little mishap while I was braking had anything to do with this, but I might mention it just in case.

Perhaps this is normal and it has always been like this just me not thinking about it, who knows.

Did you find the resolution?

Hi there

any updates?

Hi there

Hi, did you fix your issue? I have the same so wanted to check.