Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accelerator pedal pad?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

The pad of my accelerator pedal is missing. Tesla tells me that the part isn't available anymore, but that it should be easy to find an alternative from aftermarket manufacturers... or from Lotus.

Does anyone know a good replacement part that's as close as possible to the original one?

Thank you!

Thanks drewski – the brake pedal pad I have in my car looks a lot like the Lotus part indeed (but not the pedal itself):

IMG_20200227_165955.jpg

But the accelerator pedal looks completely different:

IMG_20200227_170009.jpg

Long story short, I don't know which pad to put on my accelerator pedal. How does yours look like?

PF

You might try the search tools on Lotus Parts Online. They have nice numbered diagrams which show you the Lotus part numbers. Yours might be the pedal pad throttle (part A120J0013H ).

2008 Lotus Elise Pedal pad-throttle. Box, control, pedals - A120J0013H | Lotus Parts Online, Birmingham MI

And here is the overall diagram of all of the pedal components:

Pedal Box, Pedals, Electronic Throttle Control. 2008 Lotus Elise | Lotus Parts Online, Birmingham MI

Getting a picture of the roadster pedals is a great idea too.

Cheers

The Lotus and the Roadster pads are the same. It is just a 1/4" piece of aluminum with a slight curve. It is smooth, not grooved like the brake pedal. It wouldn't take much to bend a piece of aluminum and drill two holes to make yourself one.

Thanks drewski – the brake pedal pad I have in my car looks a lot like the Lotus part indeed (but not the pedal itself):

View attachment 516066

But the accelerator pedal looks completely different:

View attachment 516071

Long story short, I don't know which pad to put on my accelerator pedal. How does yours look like?

PF

Would look, but dropped off car this morning at the SC, because I enjoy being gouged . . .

I looked at what I sent before and it shows a throttle cable. At some point 2005-6, I think they switched to DBW . . . possible pedal changed then too?

The DeRoure guys are pretty helpful. Maybe drop them a line with your pictures

You might try the search tools on Lotus Parts Online. They have nice numbered diagrams which show you the Lotus part numbers. Yours might be the pedal pad throttle (part A120J0013H ).

2008 Lotus Elise Pedal pad-throttle. Box, control, pedals - A120J0013H | Lotus Parts Online, Birmingham MI

And here is the overall diagram of all of the pedal components:

Pedal Box, Pedals, Electronic Throttle Control. 2008 Lotus Elise | Lotus Parts Online, Birmingham MI

Getting a picture of the roadster pedals is a great idea too.

Cheers
#12 looks pretty promising . . . and you found the DBW pedals! :)