Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accessories for 2021 Refresh Model S Plaid/LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesmanian has links to get email notifications as Mats… become available.
I’m planning to get the cargo mat, which has a hinge feature for accessing the sub-trunk.

35987804-52F1-4C32-BBB2-6115EC16D103.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: gbailey and impastu
Not sure why there are already reviews on the 2021 accessories even though they haven’t been made available? Perhaps they were just updated from 2020?

I purchased the all weather mats for the 2021 Model S directly from Tesla, and I’m pretty happy with them. I’d recommend it.

I would love if anyone knows if the rear seat jacket hook pins for the previous model S fits our 2021s.

I'll add a couple things I picked up so I can swap 21" summer tires and 19" all-season tires:
A couple of things I already had:
  • Floor Jack
  • 1/2" breaker bar
  • 1/2" torque wrench

I'll add a couple things I picked up so I can swap 21" summer tires and 19" all-season tires:
A couple of things I already had:
  • Floor Jack
  • 1/2" breaker bar
  • 1/2" torque wrench
Hadn’t realized the lift points are going to be a problem. Is the manual clear on lift points and hardware requirements for jack and stands? Would like to use what I have…

Thanks for socket set suggestion. Found similar for less on Amazon…
https://www.amazon.com/Motivx-Tools...TIVE+LUG+NUT+SOCKET+SET&qid=1631625045&sr=8-5

Hadn’t realized the lift points are going to be a problem. Is the manual clear on lift points and hardware requirements for jack and stands? Would like to use what I have…
Yes, the lift points are documented in the owners manual, but here is a pic--don't lift via any of the read areas:

1631638578605.png

You can pick up a set of rubber hockey puck looking things on Amazon for ~$25 that sit on a regular floor jack and allow you to lift the car via the lift point, but if you want to use a jack stand (and, for safety, you should), you need something like the Safe Jack or http://www.jackpointjackstands.com

Tesmanian has links to get email notifications as Mats… become available.
I’m planning to get the cargo mat, which has a hinge feature for accessing the sub-trunk.

View attachment 709098
Weathertech has most of the mats ready to order for the 2021...

You don’t need a 5 socket set. Just get the one that fits Tesla lug nuts 21 mmm . Search for

Sunex 284321 1/2-Inch Drive 21-mm Extra Long Thin Wall Wheel Protector Impact Socket​

My intent for this thread was for posting accessories specifically for the refresh MS. New revisions of accessories for prior MS versions that are no longer compatible with the 2011s or new accessories designed to enhance new features…
Plenty of items searchable in this forum that still work with the new cars. That said…
All recommendations welcome here. A good place to find first hand experiences of compatibility info.
adding to the lug nuttiness discussion.
I purchased a few of these Lug Nut Guides for our 2018 MS 100D and our Model 3.
(Currently sold out)

Reactions: impastu
Still a bit confused about Snow Chain compatibility.

From current Model S Manual:
“Tire Size Recommended Chain
19" KONIG K-SUMMIT
Do not use tire chains on 21" tires.”

Yet, the description of the König K-Summit K45 snow chains for 19” tires in the Tesla online store states:
Note: Compatible with Model S vehicles produced in 2012-2020.
So , either the manual contains legacy info or the online store wasn’t updated for 2021
???

Link & more details below…

2012-2020 | Model S Snow Chains

Tesla Online Store Description:
The König K-Summit K45 snow chain provides excellent traction and durability in snowy conditions. With no complex attachments, the newly upgraded design simply requires one fixing point on the outer side of the drive wheels. The fitting system has been pre-configured for Model S 19” Wheels…
Note: Compatible with Model S vehicles produced in 2012-2020. The set includes one pair of chains for two wheels. Chains should only be installed on the rear wheels of the Model S 19" tires. The use of non-recommended tire chains has been shown to cause suspension and other vehicle damage. Do not exceed 30 mph (50 kph) when driving with snow chains installed.

From current Model S Manual”:

Using Tire Chains
Tesla has tested and approved the following tire chains to increase traction in snowy conditions. Tire chains should only be installed on the rear tires. The approved tire chains can be purchased from Tesla.
Tire Size Recommended Chain
19" KONIG K-SUMMIT
Do not use tire chains on 21" tires.
When installing tire chains, follow the instructions and warnings provided by the tire chain manufacturer. Mount them evenly and as tight as possible.
When using tire chains:
• Inspect the tire chains for loose fittings and damaged links before each use.
• Set air suspension to Medium and turn off the Default Ride Height to Low setting.
• Avoid heavily loading Model S (heavy loads can reduce the clearance between the tires and the body).
• Do not drive the vehicle without the chains properly installed.
• Drive slowly. Do not exceed 30 mph (48 km/h).
• Remove the tire chains as soon as conditions allow.

NOTE: Tire chains are prohibited in some jurisdictions. Check local laws before installing tire chains.

Did they reach out to you to come in to pick them up?
No, I created a service appointment on the day of my delivery to address all the issues and missing parts.

My appointment was today, but some parts were delayed, so they pushed out my appointment a couple of weeks further to address all the issues at the same time.

However I still stopped by the service center, as they already had the floor mats and trunk bits, so I picked those up to tie me over until October (I don’t like driving around and parking in public places without a privacy shelf).

TL;DR: you need to be proactive with Tesla if you want to get things done.

Still a bit confused about Snow Chain compatibility.

From current Model S Manual:
“Tire Size Recommended Chain
19" KONIG K-SUMMIT
Do not use tire chains on 21" tires.”

Yet, the description of the König K-Summit K45 snow chains for 19” tires in the Tesla online store states:
Note: Compatible with Model S vehicles produced in 2012-2020.
So , either the manual contains legacy info or the online store wasn’t updated for 2021
???

Link & more details below…

Tesla Online Store Description:
The König K-Summit K45 snow chain provides excellent traction and durability in snowy conditions. With no complex attachments, the newly upgraded design simply requires one fixing point on the outer side of the drive wheels. The fitting system has been pre-configured for Model S 19” Wheels…
Note: Compatible with Model S vehicles produced in 2012-2020. The set includes one pair of chains for two wheels. Chains should only be installed on the rear wheels of the Model S 19" tires. The use of non-recommended tire chains has been shown to cause suspension and other vehicle damage. Do not exceed 30 mph (50 kph) when driving with snow chains installed.

From current Model S Manual”:

Using Tire Chains
Tesla has tested and approved the following tire chains to increase traction in snowy conditions. Tire chains should only be installed on the rear tires. The approved tire chains can be purchased from Tesla.
Tire Size Recommended Chain
19" KONIG K-SUMMIT
Do not use tire chains on 21" tires.
When installing tire chains, follow the instructions and warnings provided by the tire chain manufacturer. Mount them evenly and as tight as possible.
When using tire chains:
• Inspect the tire chains for loose fittings and damaged links before each use.
• Set air suspension to Medium and turn off the Default Ride Height to Low setting.
• Avoid heavily loading Model S (heavy loads can reduce the clearance between the tires and the body).
• Do not drive the vehicle without the chains properly installed.
• Drive slowly. Do not exceed 30 mph (48 km/h).
• Remove the tire chains as soon as conditions allow.

NOTE: Tire chains are prohibited in some jurisdictions. Check local laws before installing tire chains.
I am not sure I see the conflict--you can use the chains on the new S, but only with the 19" wheels. Likely because the chains would scratch the crap out of the 21s.

Hey all, I'm finally picking up my Blue Model S this Saturday :)
I placed my Tesla order back in Jan, and have been without a car since then... little did I know of the looooong wait!! I'm excited now!

Can you all recommend me a 3rd party car cover that would fit the Model S (other than the $400 one that Tesla sells)? I don't have a covered garage, so definitely need a car cover.