Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accessories for 2021 Refresh Model S Plaid/LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been playing around with different looks for the wheel, so here are a couple of options based on the OEM parts. Part numbers below. Center caps are $15/each and the lug nut covers are about a buck.

View attachment 710946View attachment 710947

WHEEL CENTER CAP - GREY6005879-01-A
LUG NUT CAP, TALL, BLACK1027010-00-B
WHEEL ORNAMENTATION CAP - ARMOR BLACK6005879-04-A
There are also $20-$30 complete kits on Amazon.

Reactions: impastu
Any LR owners found a good third party trunk spoiler yet?

Our Model S Trunk Wing fits the 2021 Model S.

black-tesla-model-s-ts7-p100d-carbon-fiber-trunk-spoiler-ducktail-lid-wm-11.jpg

Anyone know where I can find an OEM trunk spoiler for my Plaid? Backed my car into the garage door and the thing came flying off. Tesla wants $3000 for a brand new spoiler and install by mobile service. I just about threw my phone when I heard that. Need help!
If it came flying off but is in one piece just use outdoor plastic glue to reaffix the original. There are aftermarket spoilers but if you want OEM then by definition you’re beholden to Tesla or the black market.

3M Plastic and Emblem Adhesive,... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002MID28

Reactions: cwanja
If it came flying off but is in one piece just use outdoor plastic glue to reaffix the original. There are aftermarket spoilers but if you want OEM then by definition you’re beholden to Tesla or the black market.

3M Plastic and Emblem Adhesive,... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002MID28
Thank you. I might have to do just that. Owning this Tesla is such a love and hate relationship I'm beginning to realize...

• Funny
Anyone know where I can find an OEM trunk spoiler for my Plaid? Backed my car into the garage door and the thing came flying off. Tesla wants $3000 for a brand new spoiler and install by mobile service. I just about threw my phone when I heard that. Need help!
Tesla just got back to me with a new quote and said they'd install a brand new OEM spoiler for $1250. Still a lot of money but definitely better than $3000 initial quote!

Replica spoilers will be available soon, check with RPM Tesla
Sorry, I can’t believe those guys are still in business. The in-house made stuff Mark was peddling 2-3 years ago was pure puke. The guys at my Service Center literally laughed at the quality. Hopefully things have changed for the better and they are more of a distributor or have better design and partners now.

An example or two from the past
  • The wireless charger he was selling for the S was a poorly hand-cut sandwich of two pieces of foam. Inside was the cheapest charger you could get. Probably 5 bucks of material he was selling for something like 75.
  • The ‘Tesla’ flask was a generic item with a vinyl logo stuck on. Me and my Cricut did better at home.
  • Same with the ‘custom’ cargo container for the trunk.
  • Don’t even get me started on the vinyl appliqués. Well, ok. They were great if you kept everyone 15 feet from your car. At that distance they looked spectacular. :)

I rarely speak this bad about anything. Apologies.

Like I said, hopefully they sell or make better stuff today. Our cars are too nice to have pre-schooler projects put in or stuck on them unless they are indeed from our own toddlers.

Last edited:
For the taillights tint, I like the idea of doing that! How much darker do they make the lights during the day and at night; are the reflectors any less reflective with the tint on them?
Here's a shot in my fully-lit garage. I didn't take a lot of "before" shots, but you probably can tell what the before looks like :) - the tints are not too dark (IMO) but look great. I blacked out my Tesla and Plaid emblems on the back too.

I highly recommend @Iyordanov 's tints - the tint was perfect and the cuts made it easy to install! I also got the front fog light tints from his shop.

20211002_143648.jpg
20211002_143946.jpg

Here's a shot in my fully-lit garage. I didn't take a lot of "before" shots, but you probably can tell what the before looks like :) - the tints are not too dark (IMO) but look great. I blacked out my Tesla and Plaid emblems on the back too.

I highly recommend @Iyordanov 's tints - the tint was perfect and the cuts made it easy to install! I also got the front fog light tints from his shop.

View attachment 717174View attachment 717175
How is road illumination with front lights tinted?

Thanks for sharing - looks great!

I also blacked out my Tesla emblems front & rear ;)