Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accessories for 2021 Refresh Model S Plaid/LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 10.00.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 10.00.42 PM.png
    2 MB · Views: 876
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 10.02.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 10.02.33 PM.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 136
Reactions: afarkas2222
For just one drive or are you talking for the season? for just one drive maybe a risk worth taking. For the season you need AS or a winter set on other wheels. Try this thread.

FWIW, I bought signature 19" wheels and mismatched Pirelli winter tires b/c there were no options for a set of four without shrinking the rear wheels.
View attachment 718942
For just one drive from Oregon to Palm Desert,CA in early November. Returning to Oregon late April-Early May. So I just need to get down south safely.

• Informative
Reactions: impastu
Okay here it is...
Let me provide a little context though so you don't laugh at me too hard 🤪

I've got my MS LR on June 30, but I originally wanted blue/white combo, but was offered black/black for immediate delivery vs the desired blue/white for November delivery, so I took it (I have the patience of a toddler apparently 🤷🏻‍♂️). But with the car being so black in and out, I wanted to customize it a little to bring a little color, and to my surprise there was almost nothing on the market. Then next thing you know I went to have it tinted and paid too much for it too, so I've decided to do a little research on to how expensive these things actually are (in terms of materials etc) and see if I can just do it myself. One thing let to another, and a couple of weeks ago I opened a Shopify store to sell the models I've been creating. I also have a 2020 M3 and a 2021 M3 so I am doing some beautifying work on these too now, will release models for the 3 too. So far I have a few designs but still work in progress (images attached) 😂
So I have very few things right now, but I will be adding more every week, time permitting as I have another job too.

So here are the pics... what's installed so far is (and all of this is made by me and most of it I already sell on Shopify):
1. Logos + TESLA letters on trunk
2. Tail lights tint
3. Fog lights tint
4. 2nd row screen protector
5. Rear fenders PPF as mine was missing one for some reason and SC was of no help 🤷🏻‍♂️
6. Caliper covers - now those I am not yet sure what to do with, as they are flat as they can be, as making a DYI caliper cover that doesn't require a heat gun or removing the wheel can only be flat... you be the judge if they look nice, I personally like the extra color as it works with the rest of the elements.
7. I've started the center console wrap...it basically has 3 components - top one (the cover you open/close) which I haven't installed yet with good vinyl (only with cheap one to verify the size and fit), the cup holder one which I did with 3M carbon fiber white, and right now I am working on the huge piece, which is almost done too.

So that's about it so far... I will want to do some leather elements inside too, like a beige or white leather T logo on the headrests to contrast with all the blackness in the car, perhaps Elon's signature on the glove etc...will see what looks good and at what point it becomes too much 😂
the tail and fog light tints are essential IMO. I'm sorry to say you should have just powder-coated (or painted) the calipers. I don't like covers. The Model S Plaid/LR brakes are beefy enough to hold their own and stand out when painted. Yellow logo on front hood better than expected but the door handles are a hard pass for me. Something to be said about triple black.

The best looking mats IMO are the autailor mats, they look sporty and not plasticky and still protect the carpet. I had them in my Y and put the on top of the Tesmanian ones to spruce up the interior look, with our Model S’s upgraded interior it only makes sense to go a little fancier to match the interior finishes so I ordered these for the 2020Model S to see how they fit. These are pics from my MY, keep in mind they have the Tasmanian ones underneath which I would skip on my MSView attachment 712803View attachment 712804View attachment 712805

OEM or nothing.
I got the email, too. I just couldn’t bring myself to order these. They’re essentially plastic, and look majorly scratched up even in their pictures.

the tail and fog light tints are essential IMO. I'm sorry to say you should have just powder-coated (or painted) the calipers. I don't like covers. The Model S Plaid/LR brakes are beefy enough to hold their own and stand out when painted. Yellow logo on front hood better than expected but the door handles are a hard pass for me. Something to be said about triple black.
Powder coated would indeed look better but it’s much more expensive too. Still haven’t released the calipers covers yet, so let’s see.
But for the tail lights tint I got XPEL tint and it’s amazing!

Has anyone found some good mud flaps for the refresh yet besides the generic ones on Amazon? trying to avoid chips on the rocker panel and rear flare due to 21” rock kickers.
They don’t exist yet. The reason is that 99% of these products originate from China and are just drop shipped here in the US after being purchased in bulk from Alibaba. And there are still 0 deliveries of the refreshed MS in China as far as I am aware.
With that said if you want to protect the rocker area you can try PPF for the new MS:

They don’t exist yet. The reason is that 99% of these products originate from China and are just drop shipped here in the US after being purchased in bulk from Alibaba. And there are still 0 deliveries of the refreshed MS in China as far as I am aware.
With that said if you want to protect the rocker area you can try PPF for the new MS:
Thanks. I am getting a full frontal PPF done when I pick my car up. So I will probably see if they can add this to hold me over until I get good flaps.

Would love to see photos of the XPEL on the 2021 Model S. Is that the film that you're selling on the website now if I was to order?
I use both XPEL and 3M, so you can choose when ordering which one you want (the XPEL is significantly more expensive though, but also much more premium in my experience so far). For which component do you want photos? Let me make some :)

PS strangely enough even though XPEL is more expensive, so far most people choose that over 3M. I am planning to shoot an explainer video and show the differences this week. XPEL is totally with it, I wish they made colored vinyl too 🤷🏻‍♂️

I use both XPEL and 3M, so you can choose when ordering which one you want (the XPEL is significantly more expensive though, but also much more premium in my experience so far). For which component do you want photos? Let me make some :)

PS strangely enough even though XPEL is more expensive, so far most people choose that over 3M. I am planning to shoot an explainer video and show the differences this week. XPEL is totally with it, I wish they made colored vinyl too 🤷🏻‍♂️

Awesome! Wanted to see the XPEL tint on the rear tail lights.

Am also curious how it affects the use of the lights - are they dimmer during the day or at night after tinting?

Just ordered the XPEL version of this Front Door Sill Protector.
TWRAPS Door Sills Protection with Clear PPF (XPEL & 3M) for 2021+ Tesla Model S (Plaid & Long Range) (Front & Back, XPEL) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09HS51DG...abc_RRHPP9DVWQYR863GX3RV?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I simply asked my detailer to wrap the front sill plates with XPEL matte while doing the rest of the car. Only took him a few mins at no cost. I’m traveling this week but will try to take photos when I get back home.

Is this gloss or matte?
I couldn’t find any details in the description.
Matte would seem to be a better match to the sill plate finish.
It’s the regular XPEL paint protection film, which is glossy. Will check if they sell a matte version too.

Edit: I am not 100% sure but I think the XPEL Stealth is matte PPF. I previously thought it's colored PPF but according to YouTube it's transparent, just matte. I just ordered 20ft length to try it out and if it looks good will release this as an option as soon as it arrives (probably in about a week).

Last edited: