Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accessories for 2021 Refresh Model S Plaid/LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey sorry I missed to respond multiple questions. For some reason I am not getting notifications for replies, will check.

So, about the front lights - I didn’t like this tiny for the front as it makes it too dark. I am expecting XPEL tint delivery tomorrow with 50% and 35% shades and will experiment with them. If I like them I will do front lights too and will start offering XPEL for tail and fog lights as well. Will post an update and pictures here after my experiments.

Can you post pictures of the maxspider mats to see how well they fit in the front and back? Thanks
The back is perfect. The front driver pedal cover sticks up a little bit, it’s getting better over time, and I can probably fix it with some Velcro to make it stick. I got them via Walmart in case I needed to return, but I’m keeping them 👍🏽

Reactions: impastu
Hey sorry I missed to respond multiple questions. For some reason I am not getting notifications for replies, will check.

So, about the front lights - I didn’t like this tiny for the front as it makes it too dark. I am expecting XPEL tint delivery tomorrow with 50% and 35% shades and will experiment with them. If I like them I will do front lights too and will start offering XPEL for tail and fog lights as well. Will post an update and pictures here after my experiments.

Cool! I'm interested in the rear lights tint. Let us know how the XPEL experiment goes!

I am waiting with everyone else on a long awaited Model X plaid to replace my S P90 D. I am really unhappy that TESLA saved a few bucks and stopped the long standing tradition of red calipers on the performance models. I see a few different red caliper covers for the old S and X, but no red covers for the refresh models. Anyone come up with a wrap or cover for the new models… I do have a heat gun and a lug wrench, assuming the brakes will be the same for the X refresh as the S plaid…..

I am waiting with everyone else on a long awaited Model X plaid to replace my S P90 D. I am really unhappy that TESLA saved a few bucks and stopped the long standing tradition of red calipers on the performance models. I see a few different red caliper covers for the old S and X, but no red covers for the refresh models. Anyone come up with a wrap or cover for the new models… I do have a heat gun and a lug wrench, assuming the brakes will be the same for the X refresh as the S plaid…..
I would not recommend getting a caliper cover, they look cheap and anyone can tell they are fake. Wraps wouldn’t work either due to the high temp of the brakes. You should just look into getting them painted. It is easy to do yourself, or just have a shop do them if you’re uncomfortable.

Reactions: cwanja and impastu
I would not recommend getting a caliper cover, they look cheap and anyone can tell they are fake. Wraps wouldn’t work either due to the high temp of the brakes. You should just look into getting them painted. It is easy to do yourself, or just have a shop do them if you’re uncomfortable.
Last time I shopped this out it was $600 to paint all four. Not bad.

Reactions: WiLz and impastu
I would love a yoke cover (similar to the millions of options for steering wheel covers out there). Pretty sure nothing exists out there yet. Anyone know a place where I can keep tabs on that would be expected to likely lead the way on making that kind of accessory?

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark and impastu
I would love a yoke cover (similar to the millions of options for steering wheel covers out there). Pretty sure nothing exists out there yet. Anyone know a place where I can keep tabs on that would be expected to likely lead the way on making that kind of accessory?
I don't think anyone would want the liability of selling a product that covers the airbag....

Still struggling with the thought of driving my PLAID over the pass in potentially feeezing temperatures, snow… with the 19” summer tires.
I went to Discount/America’s Tires looking for all season AO Tesla acoustic tires. Apparently they don’t exist.
I mentioned no approved options for chains and they suggested Tire Socks.
I went directly to the Autosock website to determine the model for the stock 19”s.
This model fits both the front and rear tires. $99
I assume I would just need one set for the front. Anyone have any experience with this product? Seems like a good stop-gap solution to my dilemma.
AUTOSOCK 697 Size-697 Tire Chain Alternative https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001MS229...abc_7SA8635AJAC0RGPHPWPT?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Still struggling with the thought of driving my PLAID over the pass in potentially feeezing temperatures, snow… with the 19” summer tires.
I went to Discount/America’s Tires looking for all season AO Tesla acoustic tires. Apparently they don’t exist.
I went directly to the Autosock website to determine the model for the stock 19”s.
I assume I would just need one set for the front. Anyone have any experience with this product? Seems like a good stop-gap solution to my dilemma.
AUTOSOCK 697 Size-697 Tire Chain Alternative https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001MS229...abc_7SA8635AJAC0RGPHPWPT?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Interesting, but nope. I ended up putting the all season acoustic Tesla Contis on my 19” tempest rims for winter.

For just one drive or are you talking for the season? for just one drive maybe a risk worth taking. For the season you need AS or a winter set on other wheels. Try this thread.

FWIW, I bought signature 19" wheels and mismatched Pirelli winter tires b/c there were no options for a set of four without shrinking the rear wheels.
1633649508139.jpeg

For just one drive or are you talking for the season? for just one drive maybe a risk worth taking. For the season you need AS or a winter set on other wheels. Try this thread.

FWIW, I bought signature 19" wheels and mismatched Pirelli winter tires b/c there were no options for a set of four without shrinking the rear wheels.
View attachment 718942
@impastu My SC had staggered acoustic all season M /S Contis they put on my 19s. Very happy with them. Lots of rain this week, and the Contis were way safer!