Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accessories for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. I’ve been driving 2021 Model Y for 7 days ( AWD).
I’m not used to “ wind noise “ when I drive freeway, I’m a little disappointed abt the noise.
I even took the car to the service center, they test drove, nothing wrong with car , that’s what they said.
I was going to buy “ wind noise kit “ from RPMTESLA, but thankfully This chat room helped me not buying
Anything from them. Thanks for the useful information.
I need to purchase Mats for Model Y( RPM TESLA video ad looks good but I’m not going there ), and console wrap. Any suggestions?

I've been shopping around while waiting on my Model Y. These 3D MAXpider Model Y mats look nice. I like that the part that covers the dead pedal is attached instead of a cut apart piece that can shift move around. Full disclosure: I have no experience with either the 3D brand mats or buying from the Teslarati site. I just have them bookmarked for later.

I'm hoping this noise reduction kit is back in stock soon - it has decent reviews and I'm looking forward to reducing the wind noise even more with this kit.

I really like the Tesmanian all-weather mats - the simple design is why I chose them vs. WeatherTech or the 3D Maxpider mats... But I think they all fit nicely and do what they're supposed to do... Though I have heard the WeatherTech edges tend to slouch over time...

Check out Abstract Ocean for fun DIY mods, e.g. console wrap, footwell lights, screen protector, etc.

I have the Tesmanian front and rear floor mats for my Model Y. I recently added the Tesmanian rear trunk mat cargo liner. I also have the Tesmanian Rear Trunk Organizer (this organizer is larger, holds more than other organizers I found on Amazon.)

Tesmanian is very good at communicating with their customers about order status. I received my orders quickly. I've said I would definitely order from Tesmanian again, I did.

Tesla Model Y Accessories

I have bought the full set of Tasmanian (floor mats for front and rear, trunk, frunk) They fit well tightly, the only thing that I noticed is the trunk cover, somehow it seems 1/2" off so the trunk well lift handler is not 100% aligned with the half-circle shape. But since it doesn't affect the open/closing the trunk, I can still live with it. Do want to point out once you receive the package from Tasmanian, try to open it outside the car for a few days until the smells are all gone; otherwise it is quite noticeable unpleasant inside the car especially for the first week or so.

@Easybreezy ... I purchased the full "wind noise kit" from RPMTesla including the windshield/glass roof kit. My car happens to be very quiet, so I wasn't expecting much noise reduction. I installed the windshield/glass roof kit and drove up to 80mph... I really couldn't notice much difference if any in noise levels. Maybe if I had a large gap between the windshield and the glass roof (where supposedly most of the noise comes from) there would have been a big difference, but in my car it really didn't do much at all. I didn't install their door seal kit yet, because as I mentioned my car happens to be very quiet.

I did install the rear shelf over the weekend.. and it made a big difference in sound coming from the cavernous MY trunk.
Trunk Shelf + Rear Sound Dampening
I took pictures today and will probably post them tomorrow.

FWIW... I couldn't get the RPMTesla PPF for the headlight lenses to apply without "fingers", so I called RPMTesla and they sent me a second set for free (and didn't ask for the first set back)... they also were interested to see how it works out for me to see if there's a problem with the product. I'm having a professional PPF guy install them next week. So they were there when I had a problem, sent me a free replacement and want to know if the problem was me or their product. To me, that was pretty decent customer service....

I've been shopping around while waiting on my Model Y. These 3D MAXpider Model Y mats look nice. I like that the part that covers the dead pedal is attached instead of a cut apart piece that can shift move around. Full disclosure: I have no experience with either the 3D brand mats or buying from the Teslarati site. I just have them bookmarked for later.

I got the 3D Maxpider matts for my model 3 last year. They were so good I bought them for my partner's CRV as well. These are great matts. Easy to get in and out, super easy to clean, don't leak at all and the high walls means no runoff to the carpet. The material finish (kind of carbon fiber-ish) can be a little weird to some people, but I think it looks cool. I know the whole kit can be expensive, but they are well worth it in my opinion, especially for wet or snowy climates.

Cannot comment on site to buy it from, I got mine as a partial gift, and don't remember where I bought the other parts of my set from, I think I got the CRV ones off of Amazon....