Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trunk Shelf + Rear Sound Dampening

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. I'm looking forward to your thoughts. I've wondered about this as well.

BTW, my car's boominess seems milder than it was right after I adjusted the lift gate bumpers when it was when new. The overall tire noise is noticeably quieter after a couple thousand miles as well. I'm not sure if the tires quieted down, the seals set better, or something else.

I'm about to order one of these for my car and figured I'd share it around here for anyone that might be interested. Will report back when I get it to update on quality/sound/etc. but I think it will likely help with sound in the back of the car since that's where a lot of the "boomy" sounds come from.

ModelYShelf

Have a good weekend everyone.

@hashoshi have you received your shelf yet? What carpet or leatherette color did you pick? Would love to hear your impressions. I can't seem to find any YouTube videos on the shelf. It's hard to get a good feel for it from the product page.

I know the fellow (Steve) that makes the shelf.. he makes stuff for the Volt and Bolt and some other cars too. If Steve makes it, it's professional quality and done right. There are plenty of alternatives to that top metal clip that would leave zero chance for rattles. I've emailed Steve about it, let's see what he comes up with.. he's a smart guy that welcomes suggestions to improve his products. I would like to order the shelf for my MY...

I have a ModelYShelf on the way and will review it as soon as I set it up. Just looking at it makes me almost 100% positive it will cut down noise from the back of the MY. I also like the fact that it hides whatever you have in the trunk. I had a laptop and some diagnostic equipment in the back the other day and I had to throw a moving blanket over the lot of it to prevent prying eyes...

I have a ModelYShelf on the way and will review it as soon as I set it up. Just looking at it makes me almost 100% positive it will cut down noise from the back of the MY. I also like the fact that it hides whatever you have in the trunk. I had a laptop and some diagnostic equipment in the back the other day and I had to throw a moving blanket over the lot of it to prevent prying eyes...

There's no place on that entire site to place an order.

There's no place on that entire site to place an order.
20201120_203011.jpg

Reactions: Stack151
Just fill out the "Contact Us" form and Steve will send you the payment info.
He's 100% legit... I've known him since 2014 when I had my Volt and he started making phone holders for that car. He's a fellow EV enthusiast as well if that helps. He makes high quality custom accessories for other cars as well: WELCOME TO THE VOLTSHOP!

I promise he's not a vendor you'll regret doing business with... he's a "regular guy" like most of us and he doesn't play games or hide from his customers.

I ordered my shelf today... and he already sent me a Fedex tracking number.

Just fill out the "Contact Us" form and Steve will send you the payment info.
He's 100% legit... I've known him since 2014 when I had my Volt and he started making phone holders for that car. He's a fellow EV enthusiast as well if that helps. He makes high quality custom accessories for other cars as well: WELCOME TO THE VOLTSHOP!

I promise he's not a vendor you'll regret doing business with... he's a "regular guy" like most of us and he doesn't play games or hide from his customers.

I ordered my shelf today... and he already sent me a Fedex tracking number.

Awesome and thank you!