Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

adaptive suspension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Oct 2018 build P100D is overly stiff to the point of being uncomfortable on many city streets, and passengers complain.
The newly announced adaptive suspension may be the solution I have been looking for.
Is the adaptive suspension available as a software or hardware upgrade for pre-April 2019 cars?

Ride quality is about shock valving, not going to get that in an update in less the car already has a system like GM's mag-ride which the air suspension is not.
My last car had the GM Mag-ride and I would trade the air suspension height adjustment for mag-ride in an instant. Car could go from Grandpa soft to holding a full G cornering with the flick of a dial.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
My Oct 2018 build P100D is overly stiff to the point of being uncomfortable on many city streets, and passengers complain.
The newly announced adaptive suspension may be the solution I have been looking for.
Is the adaptive suspension available as a software or hardware upgrade for pre-April 2019 cars?

What cars did you previously own, Buicks, Cadillacs and Lincolns?

The new system is physically different from the old one, so a software upgrade should not be available. From what I have heard, it might be possible to get the new system, but it would take buying a lot of parts, etc., and I don't know if Tesla would be willing to do it.