Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adaptive Suspension Damping… Real or Ruse? Which one do you have? Find out fast!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Except when it’s stupid. It put in its database to raise on the West Seattle Bridge back when the bridge was rough. It’s been fixed and super smooth for almost a year now and it’s still raising in the same place. Completely idiotic…
It definitely is still a work in process. On noticeable incorrect locations, I unmark the auto raise at that position in Suspension. They will likely use the data to update the road conditions as the suspension finds the conditions have changed, but maybe this hasn't been implemented yet.

It definitely is still a work in process. On noticeable incorrect locations, I unmark the auto raise at that position in Suspension. They will likely use the data to update the road conditions as the suspension finds the conditions have changed, but maybe this hasn't been implemented yet.
I have nothing to un-raise, as I never set it in that location in the first place...

Because I can't? I never set it in the first place.
Yes you can. When you are going by an area marked for adjustment, if you are in Suspension, the option to disable the adjustment will pop up while it is changing. AT least this is the way on my 2020 car. The problem is it may automatically mark it for adjustment again next time. Perhaps we need an option to manually override a location.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
Yes you can. When you are going by an area marked for adjustment, if you are in Suspension, the option to disable the adjustment will pop up while it is changing. AT least this is the way on my 2020 car. The problem is it may automatically mark it for adjustment again next time. Perhaps we need an option to manually override a location.
Nope. Did not happen on my 2022. There's nothing to select, because I was specifically looking for it today on the way home.

My 2020 was "legacy" in 2 years. Hold on.... HW4 will be the only widely supported Tesla.

Perhaps...

But we don't even know what HW4 will do yet.

Tesla often releases new features that don't work fully while removing or breaking older ones that do.

For instance, if it were not for hinges and Steam, I'd gladly trade my car for a early '22 or '21 with Radar. Quite glad I at least got USS.

Other than the lower price and clearer glass roof, really don't see what I am missing with this year's cars.

• Funny
Reactions: WilliamG
Perhaps...

But we don't even know what HW4 will do yet.

Tesla often releases new features that don't work fully while removing or breaking older ones that do.

For instance, if it were not for hinges and Steam, I'd gladly trade my car for a early '22 or '21 with Radar. Quite glad I at least got USS.

Other than the lower price and clearer glass roof, really don't see what I am missing with this year's cars.
You're not wrong. But don't forget the larger rear screen. I use that on a regular basis... said nobody ever.

Dunno if it makes a difference that I've got an X, but I absolutely notice a difference between Auto and Advanced with the sliders both set to the maximum Comfort settings.

It turns into a total marshmallow with those settings.
Yep, I was in AutoPilot (FSD V11) the other day, and going over some undulations I thought the car was going to fall apart it was so bouncy. Realized that I had the "Use Comfort setting when in AutoPilot" on. Good grief is it squishy!

I feel like one of the updates had a hidden suspension update. I swear I can suddenly feel the difference between comfort and sport now. Even my family asked why my car is floating up and down so much (in comfort). For a year and a half I and the Tesla Techs could not feel a discernible difference between comfort and sport. Now I can!

Reactions: TLLMRRJ and zivac87
all years with adaptive suspension from Raven on. From 2022.20 notes:

Tesla Adaptive Suspension​

Tesla Tesla Adaptive Suspension feature in update 2022.20

Available in the United States
Raven Models: S X
Tesla Adaptive Suspension will now adjust ride height for an upcoming rough road section. This adjustment may occur at various locations, subject to availability, as the vehicle downloads rough road map data generated by Tesla cars. The instrument cluster will continue to indicate when the suspension is raised for comfort. To enable this feature, tap Controls > Suspension > Adaptive Suspension Damping, and select the Comfort or Auto setting.

I feel like one of the updates had a hidden suspension update. I swear I can suddenly feel the difference between comfort and sport now. Even my family asked why my car is floating up and down so much (in comfort). For a year and a half I and the Tesla Techs could not feel a discernible difference between comfort and sport. Now I can!

Very possible. I sure wish we could get the details of updates beyond new features. I think they also massively changed the behavior of the auto turn signals. Now it seems to sense if you are making multiple lane changes and leaves the turn signal on until you finish all the lane changes. Pretty darn sure it didn't do that before.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne