Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advertising and Marketing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a couple years ago, very few of my family and friends were interested in electric vehicles and had either not heard of Tesla or were unfamiliar with the company. It is amazing in just a couple years how many more people know about Tesla, research the products and are interested in the "more affordable" Model 3.
The fact that this is occurring without major investment by Tesla in traditional advertising and marketing is amazing. No glossy magazine spreads, no big billboards, no TV or radio commercials, no mailers, etc. Much of their "advertising" is free and comes from good word of mouth, articles and stories in the media and Elon's tweets. Kudos!

I see that continuing to be the case, for the most part. I could see Tesla doing some advertising on social networks and online, but doubt you'll see TV ads anytime soon. As it is, demand outstrips supply, and that will probably be the case for the next 18-24 months. By then, the Model 3 will be common enough on the streets, that word-of-mouth and real-world exposure will keep the interest going.