Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice for 2013 base Model S loudspeaker improvements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20231026_112305.jpg
20231026_112334.jpg

My 2013 P85 is running well after nearly 10yrs and 275,000 miles, but I realised the "base sound system" speakers were blown and I bought a couple of Light Harmonic 3rd-Generation speakers to replace. You can see the difference in the pics and I expected a leap in sound quality. Installation was easy.

However the old speakers are 2Ω and the new speakers are 1.2Ω, and only one of them makes any sound! So I've gone from two mediocre speakers to one good-sounding speaker.

What are my options? If I upgrade the amplifier will that affect any of the other loudspeakers in the car?

If there is an existing thread that covers all this, please point me, I couldn't find it.

I doubt the speaker's resistance is the issue (unless the speaker is shorted). Did you confirm the non-working speaker is properly connected and isn't dead itself? You could try inserting the old speaker and see if it works, which would confirm the amp is fine.

On the Tesla premium system, the front door speakers go from 6.5" to 8" and they have a far larger magnet on the back. The rear door speakers are 6.5" on both basic and premium, but there may be different speaker designs.