Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice on fixing folding mirrors on a model x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife hit the fold out mirrors with a trash can and one of them came off. I popped it back in fairly easily, but as you can see below. It’s not on the right rotation.

Does anyone know the safe way to pop it back off and then re-install it on the right rotation. I don’t want to pull it off and make it worse then have to go to the dealer for a new one.

I have a 2022 Model X.

Attachments

• IMG_1088.jpeg
    IMG_1088.jpeg
    989.3 KB · Views: 92
ping, hopefully to bring this to the top?

I walked into the passenger mirror while it was unfolded and forced it to fold. Now it won't un-fold. It's not a control issue - if I hit the button it moves a little, but it's mostly stuck. Is there a way to fix this?

Looks like I can get the folding motor for ~100$ - but haven't found any instructions online on what the replacement process looks like. Anyone got a pointer?

Upvote 0
ping, hopefully to bring this to the top?

I walked into the passenger mirror while it was unfolded and forced it to fold. Now it won't un-fold. It's not a control issue - if I hit the button it moves a little, but it's mostly stuck. Is there a way to fix this?

Looks like I can get the folding motor for ~100$ - but haven't found any instructions online on what the replacement process looks like. Anyone got a pointer?
Just force it back into the normal position. You will not have to replace. The mirrors expect a harsh life. (I’ve done that far too often)

Upvote 0