Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice on odd blemish on seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mswlogo

Aug 27, 2018
NH
My Raven is ~4 months and 4K miles old.

I noticed these two odd whitish blemishes on the seat.

I have not tried much other than a damp microfiber, expecting it to just wipe off.
It's really not a big deal and doesn't bother me to just leave it.
But it does bother me that I don't know what caused it and if I end up with a bunch of them it would be problem.

It's almost like the dye rubbed off and there is nothing to "clean".

Any ideas?

This is the passenger seat and that passenger is usually just my wife (about 1/2 the miles).

49490250481_e591044921_h_d.jpg

If you rub your finger over it, is there a difference in texture? If not... use a leather cleaning solution or magic eraser (lightly). If still no change, than most likely its the dye. You will need to blend in a leather dye if it's really bothersome.

Reactions: mswlogo
Leather, fake leather, polyurethane, vinyl, etc behave the same way to a mild cleaner. Most interior cleaning solutions are just a general all purpose cleaner diluted to a safe level. Dedicated leather cleaners are diluted specifically to prevent dye from rubbing off. Just stay away from all in ones that claim to clean and protect. It's a two-step process. P&S Express is probably the best for all things interior... seats, dash, console, etc. If you are just focused on just the seats than lexol is pretty good and readily available at most stores.

Reactions: mswlogo