Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice on shipping M3 overseas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
International EV Adapters – EVSE Adapters

There's more here as well. You'll have to do research as to the plug types to see what is used/available in the country you're going to. They do have adapters you can plug into the UMC for the British and euro style plugs.

Something to note is the tesla to non-tesla type 2 adapter. Based on the comment on the evchargeking page and a vague remembrance on people having some trouble charging on Tesla destination chargers set to tesla only, you may need that adapter if you run into any type 2 HPWC, though based on where you're going you likely will not need that.

You may want to look into a type2 -> type 1 adapter, which you then can combine with your j1772 adapter, but that's a lot of adapters so the type 2 -> tesla us would be more ideal.
Great info, many thanks!

I really need to sit down and write a post here and on Reddit for other military members on everything I did. I shipped mine from the US to Germany for the time I'm here (been here 1.5 years already currently slotted for 5) and I'm extremely glad I did. It's all YMMV depending on where you are going on what adapters you will need.

I regularly tweet Elon hoping he sees it and will start offering support for military members overseas. I see tons of people serving that want a Tesla but are hesitant because of the various issues (supercharging, warranty, support, network connectivity, nav, etc. All these I would gladly pay for, take my money!!!)

I will try to get something going in the next day or so, if you have any questions. Shoot me a message.
Did you ever write the guide? I am looking to install European navigation in my US spec