TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Advice

Discussion in 'Model S' started by AW9nineteen, Nov 2, 2019.

1. AW9nineteen

AW9nineteen Member

Hey All,

Has anyone used a rental service for their car before? There are apps out there now that let you rent your Tesla to people. I ask because we recently found out that we may be pregnant with our 3rd child. I just purchased the S two months ago and I wish I had gotten the X. I am currently contemplating trading the Raven in to try for an X but I am afraid of taking a beating on it. So my only other thought was to try and rent it or sublease it to have someone just pick up the bill. Otherwise we will just keep it.

2. Simon_Emes

Simon_Emes Member

Congrats on your third and all the best for the pregnancy.

Whilst not ideal a model s is a rather spacious family car. Only gripe I'd have is to find seats that allow for easier locking of the seat belts. 3 child seats do fit in the back, but using the seat belt becomes a hassle. There are some seat combinations however that work rather decently.

• Like x 1
  3. Alysashley79

Alysashley79 Active Member

Could you look at rear facing jump seat retro fit. We have them in our car and they’ve been amazing for both our kids.

4. AW9nineteen

AW9nineteen Member

If you don’t mind, how old are you kids? That would definitely work for quick trips near us.

5. Alysashley79

Alysashley79 Active Member

Now they’re 12 and 14. My 12 year old is small and just like 2 months ago went over the height and weight limits. But back in 2013 to 2016 they exclusively rode back there. We took road trips and daily in town.

my friends 2 and a half year old and 6 year old ride back there now.

6. aerodyne

aerodyne Active Member

Advice? The best car to have is the one your have now. Want an X for family vacations? Rent it on Turo or similar service.

I have lost 24k in the last 12 months on a used model S. Very happy, but would not suggest this purchase for a young family. Any new car is the greatest destroyer of wealth known to man. Be happy with what you have.

7. dannycamps

dannycamps Member

My son and his friends (14-15 y/o) who range in height from about 5'3" to 5'10" love sitting in the rear facing seats. Yes - they are over the limits and it's a little tight but they continue to fight over sitting back there. My youngest child (8) sits back there on longer trips and loves it as well.