Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey All,

Has anyone used a rental service for their car before? There are apps out there now that let you rent your Tesla to people. I ask because we recently found out that we may be pregnant with our 3rd child. I just purchased the S two months ago and I wish I had gotten the X. I am currently contemplating trading the Raven in to try for an X but I am afraid of taking a beating on it. So my only other thought was to try and rent it or sublease it to have someone just pick up the bill. Otherwise we will just keep it.

Congrats on your third and all the best for the pregnancy.

Whilst not ideal a model s is a rather spacious family car. Only gripe I'd have is to find seats that allow for easier locking of the seat belts. 3 child seats do fit in the back, but using the seat belt becomes a hassle. There are some seat combinations however that work rather decently.

Reactions: AW9nineteen
Now they’re 12 and 14. My 12 year old is small and just like 2 months ago went over the height and weight limits. But back in 2013 to 2016 they exclusively rode back there. We took road trips and daily in town.

my friends 2 and a half year old and 6 year old ride back there now.

Advice? The best car to have is the one your have now. Want an X for family vacations? Rent it on Turo or similar service.

I have lost 24k in the last 12 months on a used model S. Very happy, but would not suggest this purchase for a young family. Any new car is the greatest destroyer of wealth known to man. Be happy with what you have.

Now they’re 12 and 14. My 12 year old is small and just like 2 months ago went over the height and weight limits. But back in 2013 to 2016 they exclusively rode back there. We took road trips and daily in town.

my friends 2 and a half year old and 6 year old ride back there now.

My son and his friends (14-15 y/o) who range in height from about 5'3" to 5'10" love sitting in the rear facing seats. Yes - they are over the limits and it's a little tight but they continue to fight over sitting back there. My youngest child (8) sits back there on longer trips and loves it as well.