Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD 11.4.9, First time use, subscribed to get v12 Beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So seeing the vast improvements with v12, and NEVER HAVING FSD before. I rented it yesterday and at 11.4.9 Beta.

As someone who used to race, and seeing videos of FSD I’ve never thought it was ready.

I HOPE to get v12 beta in the month rental to try.

All that said, my experience with current version was downright scary and dangerous. I have a 2023 M3P.

I made sure all cameras were completely cleaned and drove out on a completely clear day today.

First right turn onto a highway where traffic was doing ~55mph. It attempted to pull out in front of a car WAY too late I had to stop it.

Then on that road, it jumps right into a lane to turn off for no reason as there were clear marks and we weren’t making a right hand turn.

A little later, when coming up on a stop light and fist in line is braked late even though the light was red for a while…then once almost stopped hit the gas, had I not been vigilant would have driven into the intersection.

This happened AGAIN at another light.

Simply turning left in a left hand lane, where there were curbs, no in coming traffic it really had no idea what to do and appeared it would go over the curb.

I had a couple instances of fantom braking as well.

All of these to me, are extremely dangerous. I’ve kept up with a lot of FSD videos, especially v12 and hopeful, however even having this installed as is, and attempting to use it even being very attentive still increases the risk of an accident.

Just thought I’d share, and honestly although earlier versions of FSD clearly had challenges. I did NOT EXPECT 11.4.9 to be this untrustworthy. I’m excited to try v12 and hopefully before the month ends.

I had a M3 preordered before they started delivery and backed out based on fit and finish issues.

After owning many cars, including Acura Tl(favorite) and even Lexus GS, this now IMO is on par fit and finish is on par. The driving experience however is BY FAR the best car I’ve driven all things considered.

My career is in the tech field and very much rooting for FSD and believe it will get there, I’m just not someone that wants to pay a premium for something that is in a development phase.

Still hoping v12 before end of the month and hoping most of these are a non-issue.

Just got finished with a 1600 mile drive from Portland to Salt Lake City an am hoping for some highway fixes. I am on 11.4.9 and I use to have some phantom braking with previous versions but I could usually ID the issue like shadows, pavement patch’s. It was annoying but I understood what it thought it was seeing. On this trip I was in Idaho/Utah on I-84, midday, clear sky and clear pavement. Out of the blue it would hit the brakes, not a panic stop but well past full regen. I spent most of the trip hovering above the accelerator. When I got in town with folks behind me I didn’t trust it. When safe I tested how it behave when it was tracking a car in front and it did not have a braking occurrence. Seemed to be only when it was a clear road ahead. It is very hard to understand what the system was seeing. It was basically a dead flat road across a featureless desert under a cloudless sky.

Last edited:
I got v12 today!! FSD (Supervised) v12.3.3 with the software update 2024.3.10. Coming from 2024.2.7. I'm in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada.

It's so GOOOOD lol. I know everyone says that, but it's true.

I don't have the new Autopark though. Is that because I have a car with USS?
Yeah the new autopark isn't available on cars with USS, Teslascope had said before that it was planned for an April update

Reactions: Tethlaaaa