Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advise needed: post delivery issues & how to best document?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see reports all over the place of people getting ghosted by their DSS, including my own ordering experience leading to cancellation because my DSS was utterly and completely useless.

Tesla really needs to start monitoring DSS performance with customer satisfaction surveys and quality assurance metrics.
Couldn’t agree more!
this happened to me last week - still lost, no point of contact, seems like they could care less. How to create my own point of contact, which was the sales team.

Reactions: Entropy512

Entropy512 said:
That "delivery fee" is charged even if you pick up at the factory in Fremont... Just like basically every other car manufacturer has a "documentation and destination fee".​
That's the law in the USA, not a Tesla policy.​

HOW TAHT ?

Its an interesting bit of USA law that auto manufacturers have to charge the same delivery charge regardless of where the car is delivered, and that applies even if the car is picked up outside the factory.

Presumably something that the car dealer organizations successfully lobbied to get.

Entropy512 said:
I see reports all over the place of people getting ghosted by their DSS, including my own ordering experience leading to cancellation because my DSS was utterly and completely useless.​

Tesla really needs to start monitoring DSS performance with customer satisfaction surveys and quality assurance metrics.
Couldn’t agree more!
this happened to me last week - still lost, no point of contact, seems like they could care less. How to create my own point of contact, which was the sales team.

In July 2018 my experience was
- Phone and text interactions with a person somewhere near Las Vegas. She was good but very busy.
- Then about a 20 minutes in-person with a delivery guy at the Decatur Delivery Center (on a Thursday). I dropped off my trade-in and drove back to work with the new car.

After I had picked up the car, I no longer had nor cared to have any interaction with either of them.

I must admit I don't understand why people are trying to have a relationship with the delivery team after they've taken delivery. They've completed their job and now you need to interact with the Service Center if anything needs to get fixed.

In July 2018 my experience was
- Phone and text interactions with a person somewhere near Las Vegas. She was good but very busy.
- Then about a 20 minutes in-person with a delivery guy at the Decatur Delivery Center (on a Thursday). I dropped off my trade-in and drove back to work with the new car.

After I had picked up the car, I no longer had nor cared to have any interaction with either of them.

I must admit I don't understand why people are trying to have a relationship with the delivery team after they've taken delivery. They've completed their job and now you need to interact with the Service Center if anything needs to get fixed.
Sorry, but any decent employee doesn't just ignore you and say "that's not my job".

The proper response is - "Let me transfer you to X who can help you." It is NOT to ignore a customer.

In my case, no, the DSS did not do their job. And the sales agent who ghosted me the moment they had my RN associated with them didn't either. If you're a sales agent, and a customer tells you 30 minutes after you've got their RN that they have a major problem with their order because they weren't given the delivery options promised by the official public documentation, you'd better do something about it, or put them in touch with someone who can do something about it in a timely fashion. You'd also better not be completely and totally clueless and call the following week wondering why the customer you ignored cancelled on you... Yes, that's right, my sales guy didn't bother talking to me until he cluelessly called after it was too late and wondered why I cancelled...